Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2003 3:12:08 PM EDT
Anybody have any info/pics on the Tikka T3 Tactical? Got the following from a distributor website:

Heavy barrel, short rigid construction. Threaded barrel with protector accepts TRG muzzle brake or suppressors with M18x1 thread. Picatinny top rail. Non-reflective phosphate finish action and barrel. Non-reflective black Teflon-coated bolt assembly. Synthetic stock. Adjustable cheekpiece. Quick-adjustable length-of-pull. Wide forend. Five ambidextrous mil-duty swivel studs. Total of six sling attachment points. Front QD stud accepts Harris or B-Square bipods. Extended detachable magazine. 1 MOA accuracy.

Shown available in .223 and .308. Sounds like a scaled-down TRG-22 to me. Should retail for about $1100. Not even in the computer at Beretta yet. Any info on this one would be appreciated. Might have to sell the AR...
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#1]
UPDATE -

Just got off the phone with the Beretta rep for our area.  The T3 Tac "should" be available late spring or early summer 2004.  And it is exactly what I thought it was - a TRG-22 Stealth on a Tikka short action.  I already found a buyer for my AR.  The first T3 Tac that hits Oregon belongs to me!  I can't freakin' wait!
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 2:31:33 PM EDT
[#2]
T.O.West,
I've got a set of high dollar Tikka 30mm rings just waiting for you when you get that rifle.  (It does sound interesting at the $1100 retail price.)
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm interested also, sounds like it's going to be a good one!

Maybe they will send the first one to PA and not OR so I can get it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#4]
The Beretta rep just stopped by the store and I got my first peek at the T3 Tac in the 2004 New Product Catalog.

Picture this:

The stock looks like a T3 Lite black synthetic stock with a wide, flat beavertail forearm and an adjustable cheekpiece similar to that on a McMillan A4.  20" phosphatized (matte black) heavy barrel, threaded for a brake or silencer, thread protector included.  Black, Teflon-coated bolt with a 60-degree throw.  Quick-adjustable LOP with slotted inserts.  Swivel stud on the forearm, and 4 more on the buttstock.  6-round detachable magazine in .223.  The .308 mag is 5-round.  Integral picatinny rail on the action.  No weight spec list, but I would guesstimate in the 8 lbs range, if even that heavy.  Didn’t check on the muzzle, but I’d assume an 11-degree crown like the rest of the Tikka line.

Looks absolutely beautiful.  Confirmed my order on the spot.  Now, the waiting begins.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Would you be able to post a pic of this rifle?
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I probably won't have any pics available until the rep gets me a New Product catalog or CD, probably mid-November.  If I can find one online somewhere, I'll get it on here immediately.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 1:40:30 AM EDT
[#7]
There is an artican on the T3 in last months American rifleman. tho not the tac model.
From what the artical states they use one size action for all chamberings and the same size magazine to keep costs down. They just use differnt bolt stops i belive for each specific chambering. I might be wrong but it seems to me you would be basicly shooting a short action round in a long action rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top