Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2021 6:11:14 PM EDT
My .22 T1X, or more specifically a few of it's magazines, are having some feeding issues.

When fully loaded (or almost fully loaded) the nose of the cartridges sometimes do not come up to the proper feeding angle. When closing the bolt the bullet hits just below the chamber opening and the bolt can not be closed.

It looks like this:

Attachment Attached File

The top round in the left magazine is feeding normally. The right one is not. To get the rounds feeding again I usually tap it on the stock of the rifle. If tapped gently you can see the nose of the cartridge rise in small increments. If I give it a good whack it pops right up into place.

FWIW I am using CCI Standard Velocity almost exclusively and probably have about 3000 rounds through the rifle. Not all the mags do this and cleaning them didn't help. I have heard other people say their mags let the cartridge tip up too much (90°ish) and block the bolt from closing in a near vertical position.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't had any issues but I've heard that on occasion the follower will get in a bind. IIRC the cure is to push down on the loaded rounds with something along the lines of a screwdriver when you've got the mag about half loaded.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't had any issues but I've heard that on occasion the follower will get in a bind. IIRC the cure is to push down on the loaded rounds with something along the lines of a screwdriver when you've got the mag about half loaded.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply. It's not a really a bind, the cartridges are at the feed lips, it's just that the cartridge is horizontal and not in the proper slightly nose up orientation.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply. It's not a really a bind, the cartridges are at the feed lips, it's just that the cartridge is horizontal and not in the proper slightly nose up orientation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I presume you can disassemble them?   Verify the spring is in correctly.   Compare the installation to the one that works right.

If they don’t disassemble then cycling the follower up and down a bunch of times with atool should help clear up flashing.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:33:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I presume you can disassemble them?   Verify the spring is in correctly.   Compare the installation to the one that works right.

If they don’t disassemble then cycling the follower up and down a bunch of times with atool should help clear up flashing.
View Quote

I have disassembled them. The springs are completely round and symmetrical so there isn't really a wrong way to install them. I have cleaned the followers and the inside of the mag bodies quite well. They are very smooth.

It's weird. It's as if all the upwards pressure is on the base of the cartridge or maybe the noses are dragging. If the mags weren't so expensive I would buy some more.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Berettausa.com has Tikka .22lr mags for 31.50 if you buy 2 or more.  Not cheap but less than other vendors I've seen.  A $75 order gets free shipping.

If you sign up for their emails they have percent off sales from time to time.  

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/magazine-t1x-22lr-10-rnd-22lr/s545203781/?OrderItemId=4918182
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Berettausa.com has Tikka .22lr mags for 31.50 if you buy 2 or more.  Not cheap but less than other vendors I've seen.  A $75 order gets free shipping.

If you sign up for their emails they have percent off sales from time to time.  

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/magazine-t1x-22lr-10-rnd-22lr/s545203781/?OrderItemId=4918182
View Quote

Kind of sucks to have to buy new mags to fix an issue that shouldn't be an issue especially if its occurring with multiple mags.  I'd contact Beretta/Tikka first and see what they say.  You might have to send them in and have them work it over or replace them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top