Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/26/2005 12:49:21 PM EDT
I'm thinking about getting a suppressor for my 10/22 when I get out of BCT/AIT, but I want a removable threaded one if at all possible, instead of the intergral ones that I've seen before. What's good, and where can I get it?

-Storm
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:54:29 PM EDT
Here are some .22 lr muzzle suppressors -- these are the quietest that I either own or have heard (in no particular order):

Gemtech Outback II

SWR Warlock

AAC Pilot

SRT Cheyenne XL

As far a barrel threading, I would ask the manufacturer of the suppressor who they recommend. You can tread the stock barrel -- I had mine cut to 16.25 inches and threaded. I happen to like my stock barrel as I do not like the added weight of the bull barrel and my barrel shoots very well -- your results may vary as not all Ruger stock barrels shoot well. It is important to do the threading correctly, e.g. concentric with the bore with a square shoulder etc. Another option is to get a Tactical Solutions threaded barrel. See: Tactical Solutions

Here is a photo of one of mine in a Hogue stock with a Bowers CAC22 all stainless suppressor.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:05:09 AM EDT
I had a 10/22 barrel cut back to 16 1/4" and threaded 1/2 X 28 by Caleb Williams of Shadow Ops Shop, did a really good job and quick turn around. Any of those listed above are will get you started, I bought a TAC 64 from Tactical Innovations, decent suppressor for what I paid ($110 delivered). 'Course that did'nt cover transfer taxes and fees.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:31:00 AM EDT
I bought a barrel from "Tractormandan" on Ebay for $40. It's a factory sporter barrel with a threaded muzzle. Very well done and everything lines up right. Works great with my Outback.

Top Top