Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2006 11:33:30 PM EDT
Thoughts on the SDS USGI FLC

Seems reasonable at $62 at Supply Captain

Is it what the Army and Marines are issuing? I ‘m looking for something to carry some gear for a class or two and help out with our local Practical Rifle (black rifle run-n-gun) matches.

Also, what does the FLC stand for?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:23:42 AM EDT
[#1]
FLC stands for Field, Load Carrying and is the current issue for the Army and I think for the Marines also.
It basically is the replacement for the LBE/LBV.
The FLC works alright but the placement of the MOLLE loops are annoying, to me at least.  
Alot of soldiers rig it up by switching the built in belt around and basically wearing it like a chest rig.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:19:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Specialty Plastics calls it a "Fighting load carrier".

secure.specialtydefense.com/cgi-bin/sds/4117.html
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I have 3 set up for different needs. I love them. Go to eBay and you can get the vest with all the pouches for about that price. Vest, 2 canteen/general purpose pouches, 2 grenade pouches, 3 duel mag pouches, and waist pack. That is the standard set up.

ETA: This guy has the whole set 'buy it now' for $69.99.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#4]

FLC stands for Field, Load Carrying and is the current issue for the Army and I think for the Marines also.

INCORRECT

It is Fighting Load Carrier
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought it was Fu**ing Load of Crap

and yes Fighting Load carrier is the correct parlance.

that being said, if you are on  a budget, its not too bad.

does take some doing to get the fit adjusted right

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:28:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the corrections guys.  I'm glad someone out there is fact checking.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:07:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one and I'll try to upload some of my pics. personally I love mine and it is great for the range as well as the field.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#8]
here is the picture I'll explain the pouches if anyone wants to know

URL=imageshack.us]http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/1918/vestea2.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top