Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 7/10/2002 7:57:43 PM EDT
I was considering gettin a new upper assembly with an 18" SS barrel and using an intermediate length handguard for use on a preban lower. I can think of reasons why going with with a 16" barrel or a 20" might be better but assuming I must have this, what kind of stock would you use, standard or carbine?
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:06:31 PM EDT
If it was me and I was to use an 18" barrel, I would choose a standard stock and mid length handguards. I like the look and feel of the carbines, but IMHO, placing carbine handguards on a rifle with an 18" barrel would be rather ugly. It would look like your rifle was all barrel. The mid-lengths would be a good compromise. The full length ones would probably look similar to the dissipator if you like the way those look. I don't.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:18:02 PM EDT
Intermediate length and mid-length are same, same.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:26:31 PM EDT
I went with full length PRI tube on my 18 inch rifle.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:32:49 PM EDT
I give up, what's a PR1 tube?
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:38:45 PM EDT
I am using an ARFX stock from Ace Ltd, on my 18" barreled rifle.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:45:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By wlynn5:
Intermediate length and mid-length are same, same.

I never said they weren't. I just choose to call them mid-length as that's what I see them called more often.
Top Top