Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2006 5:07:11 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I'm in the market for some new gear and have been lurking for a while...your thoughts on this setup for trooper class:

Eagle Plate Carrier w/ Cummerbund

2x - Double M4/M16 Pouches (Mounted at 12 o'clock) - Blackhawk
     1x - LRRP (6 o'clock) - Blackhawk
     2x - Double Pistol Mag Pouches (about 11 o'clock) - Blackhawk
     1x - Blackhawk HydraStorm Short/Wide 100oz

I guess i'm just not familiar with blackhawk gear...what's your thoughts on the pouches listed?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had several articals of Blackhawk gear, blow out seems. You might try Blackwater, HSGI, London Bridge or Esstac instead. JMHO
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Try Specter gear. www.spectergear.com/ This stuff is bomb proof. I have tried some Blackhawk gear and some of it is built very well and some things seem to fall apart quicker.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:15:42 PM EDT
[#3]

swap positions with pistol mag pouches

if you are wearing an EPC this will be TOO HIGH for reach, not to mention, seriously preclude your ability to sit in confined spaces or in vehicles.  Anything that could be carried in this CAN be carried in a separate bag - and you will be better off, keep your back plane as slim as possible.

Run these  centerline with your 2 x double m4 pouches to your 11oclock position [assuming you are right handed shooter]  you're more likely to reach for  a rifle/primary reload than a secondary.

if this extends beyond the bottom of your platecarrier you may experience interference issues.

That being said - REPLACE the cummerbund lacing 550 cord with a length of 3/16 bungee cord - the increase in range of motion will be worth the effort.  

KEEP your plate carrier clear of obstructions off to your 100-300 position so that you wont interference with the draw of a sidearm in either a dropleg or belt mounted position.

that being said, this should be your duty rig, not just a class rig

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I personally would not buy Blackhawk gear. a year or so ago, mabey. but not now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 6:45:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

swap positions with pistol mag pouches

if you are wearing an EPC this will be TOO HIGH for reach, not to mention, seriously preclude your ability to sit in confined spaces or in vehicles.  Anything that could be carried in this CAN be carried in a separate bag - and you will be better off, keep your back plane as slim as possible.

Run these  centerline with your 2 x double m4 pouches to your 11oclock position [assuming you are right handed shooter]  you're more likely to reach for  a rifle/primary reload than a secondary.

if this extends beyond the bottom of your platecarrier you may experience interference issues.

That being said - REPLACE the cummerbund lacing 550 cord with a length of 3/16 bungee cord - the increase in range of motion will be worth the effort.  

KEEP your plate carrier clear of obstructions off to your 100-300 position so that you wont interference with the draw of a sidearm in either a dropleg or belt mounted position.

that being said, this should be your duty rig, not just a class rig

Here's one of those rare uber-informational posts.  You should take a close look at this advice.  My guess is that after experience you'll swap out your setup to something resembling the above.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:24:09 AM EDT
[#6]
If you put BlackChicken pouches on your EAGLE Plate Carrier they will Ignite and Fall Off  Check out SKD or Steve at TriadTactical for Eagle pouches.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#7]
We are just a bunch of kill joys arn't we.

we dont do it to be asses. we just want to share our experance and hope it helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top