Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 10:29:14 PM EDT
Anyone have any thought on this BMG, I want to buy it someday, wondering what ppl have to say about it. On another note, anyone live in Upstate NY that would let me shoot their 50 cal?

DJ
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#1]
That was the first .50 that I was looking to buy when I first got the bug. It's a great .50, solid action and as accurate as any of the others out there. The thing that turns most people off about it is the fact that it's a shellholder type action. Shellholders are perfectly safe as long as you don't play with the firing mechanism, there have been a couple accidents but they were traced back to the user.

I would buy an AMAC any day of the week if I had the money to get another .50 right now.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Where abouts in upstate New York are you?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Just outside Utica, NY. About 45 minutes east of Syracuse and just over an hour west of Albany.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#4]
The shell holder designs are potentially very dangerous, as someone above stated.  The round is inserted into the bolt face with the firing pin in the cocked position.   There have been accidents and, yes, those can be traced to human error as all other firearm accidents can, but this one in particular would be most unforgiving.

Also, and more practical, the bolt and chamber on these need to be cleaned ridiculously often.  Military users of these weapons, and specifically the AMAC, need rubber mallets on hand to open the bolt after a a few shots.  It stays locked up tight when just a little dirty.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top