Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2011 6:55:55 AM EDT
Barska 1.5-4.5x mildot

Looking for something compact yet with some sort of holdover points for shots over 100 yards.
However,  not sure about the optics quality.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:05:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I am not big fan of Barska scopes. I had a red dot that was excellent and so I purchased a Barsla 3-9 tactical. Unfortunately it would not hold zero.

I would take a close look at Primary Arms. Excellent scopes in the same price range, fast shiping and highly responsive CS.  Barska charges $25 dollars on warranties replacements. 30 % of the value of the scope ?  No way . I am currently using a Primary Arms Micro Red dot. I have not used any of thier mil dot scopes but others have and like them.

Just my .02

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I am looking for optics for my .10/22 also.

I am not sure yet what I am going to end up with, but found this http://primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=1063&categoryId=156

I also want something for for up to 100yds, but that can adjust for different conditions.  Something pretty basic.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had experience with a red dot and a scope from barska. The scope was mediocre at best and the red dot was terrible. Neither holds zero and the red dot would flicker on and off after a few shots.

Avoid Barska like the plauge IMO. I would go with something from Primary Arms instead.  They have a great rep here on arfcom and are very active in their forums. Their customer service is outstanding.

Primary Arms Forum

Website
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Barska 1.5-4.5x mildot

Looking for something compact yet with some sort of holdover points for shots over 100 yards.
However,  not sure about the optics quality.

If spending over $100 on a scope for a 22 I'd hate to see it go to a barska.  I love my barska spotting scope for what I paid for it but that doesn't have to hold zero, no matter how little recoil a 22 has.  A simmons from walmart for $40-50 is a better bang for the buck IMHO but won't have hash marks.  A little more $$ than the barska will get you a burris w/ AWESOME glass and no wondering weather or not it will hold zero.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Invest in a better scope. The 10/22 will beat up a cheap scope. It's not the recoil, but the bolt slamming into the back of the reciever that destroys or makes them lose zero.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:50:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Burris Timberline 2-7x26mm ballistic plex. Has holdovers from 50-175 yards.

It is affordable and work very well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top