Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2011 6:55:55 AM EDT
Barska 1.5-4.5x mildot

Looking for something compact yet with some sort of holdover points for shots over 100 yards.
However,  not sure about the optics quality.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:05:01 AM EDT
I am not big fan of Barska scopes. I had a red dot that was excellent and so I purchased a Barsla 3-9 tactical. Unfortunately it would not hold zero.

I would take a close look at Primary Arms. Excellent scopes in the same price range, fast shiping and highly responsive CS.  Barska charges $25 dollars on warranties replacements. 30 % of the value of the scope ?  No way . I am currently using a Primary Arms Micro Red dot. I have not used any of thier mil dot scopes but others have and like them.

Just my .02

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:03:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2011 9:44:38 AM EDT by Melatonin]
I am looking for optics for my .10/22 also.

I am not sure yet what I am going to end up with, but found this http://primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=1063&categoryId=156

I also want something for for up to 100yds, but that can adjust for different conditions.  Something pretty basic.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:07:32 PM EDT
I have had experience with a red dot and a scope from barska. The scope was mediocre at best and the red dot was terrible. Neither holds zero and the red dot would flicker on and off after a few shots.

Avoid Barska like the plauge IMO. I would go with something from Primary Arms instead.  They have a great rep here on arfcom and are very active in their forums. Their customer service is outstanding.

Primary Arms Forum

Website
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:06:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Eastwood123:
Barska 1.5-4.5x mildot

Looking for something compact yet with some sort of holdover points for shots over 100 yards.
However,  not sure about the optics quality.

If spending over $100 on a scope for a 22 I'd hate to see it go to a barska.  I love my barska spotting scope for what I paid for it but that doesn't have to hold zero, no matter how little recoil a 22 has.  A simmons from walmart for $40-50 is a better bang for the buck IMHO but won't have hash marks.  A little more $$ than the barska will get you a burris w/ AWESOME glass and no wondering weather or not it will hold zero.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:17:28 PM EDT
Invest in a better scope. The 10/22 will beat up a cheap scope. It's not the recoil, but the bolt slamming into the back of the reciever that destroys or makes them lose zero.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:50:09 AM EDT
Burris Timberline 2-7x26mm ballistic plex. Has holdovers from 50-175 yards.

It is affordable and work very well.
Top Top