Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2007 6:23:47 PM EDT
I am looking for a simple chest rig/vest.  I am not a operator, high or low drag.  I just want something to carry mags and such for a occasional class and in the event of the zombie apocalypse.

I have narrowed it down to the following, both of which I can get for 50 bucks or less.

Which is the preferred method for comfort, ease of use, etc.   Thanks.

OR

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Bottom one, top one has too much in the way to shoulder weapon. IMHO

Mike
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Bottom one, top one has too much in the way to shoulder weapon. IMHO

Mike

+1 and you'll get more modularity w/ the second..not to mention if the vest doesn't fit right it'll sag and move a lot.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#3]
first one.....it will fit much better than the second........the second ones usually sag and dont fit to well from posts I have read on them....just get the vest and be done with it
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#4]
PLus one more for the bottom one.  You can add stuff easier, just lose the plate carrier portion (unless you have plates) Plus I notice you're in LA...it vests get hot.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
first one.....it will fit much better than the second........the second ones usually sag and dont fit to well from posts I have read on them....just get the vest and be done with it

if the bottom rig is properly strapped it shouldn't sag.  me thinks you're thinking that this is a WA or WOO.  sorry if i'm wrong
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 11:50:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

if the bottom rig is properly strapped it shouldn't sag.  me thinks you're thinking that this is a WA or WOO.  sorry if i'm wrong

The bottom rig is the CTD chest rig. The top is one of the various vests made by Omega, Blackhawk, TT, whatever. I have the same thing from Blackhawk.

I like it a lot, but it's uncomfortable to wear with the interceptor, and if you want to add anything, it has to go on your belt line. Pain in the ass to crouch with. But all in all, if you just want mags, hydration, and 3 misc. pockets it's a good way to carry a lot of ammo with little clutter. The pouches don't get in the way of shouldering the weapon.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For some peculiar reason, people love to buy the Wa/Wee/Woo and then load and run them like a chest rig.  It's not a chest rig.  That thing is designed to be a plate carrier run with front and rear plates.  When employed this way and properly adjusted (especially with the improved shoulder straps from SKD), the Wa/Wee/Woo is an excellent plate carrier with some mag capacity.  It does not "sag" any more or less than anything else you put on and then proceed to load with 1000% the weight of the carrier on the front without any distribution of balance and load.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I'd go with the one on the bottom.  Vests are hot, often ill fitting, not very mission adaptable, and wind up on the EE probably faster than any other gear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top