Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2003 9:57:43 PM EDT
I'm thinking about trading in my HK USP 45 towards a Remington 700 PSS.  I've had it for a year and only fired around 100 rounds through it.  I have too many other handguns that I like shooting better.  This would be my first bolt action rifle.  What do you all think??  
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 2:13:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Dont get rid of it if you have to.  

Me personally, every bolt gun I ever had I sold in less than a month or two.  They're cool, but it wont do anything an AR cant for punching paper.

I know you say you have too many handguns but theyre always handy for carry, keeping in the car, or as a loaner if someone needs it.  

It also sounds like youll be trading it in to a dealer for the rifle.  Try to sell it outright instead, youll do a lot better.

On another note, buy a $100 surplus bolt gun and see if you like that at all before taking the plunge into a higher end bolt gun like that.

My thoughts are very unorganized tonite...
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm biased as I own 3 H&Ks but I don't see that as a deal. Is there a reason you've shot it so little?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm just not that crazy about it.  Of the .45's I own, I find the Glock 21 and 1911 to be much more fun to shoot.  I'm also a Glock and HK USP armorer and of the two, the HK is just a pain in the ass.  The big problem being with the trigger. Not only is it too long and heavy, but I've seen two that broke and only fired in double action.   Don't get me wrong, I do a lot of shooting, I just don't do much with the HK.

I've also been itching for the 700PSS, but I don't have enough cash right now.  Since the HK only comes out when I want to practice taking it apart, I figured I might use it towards a trade.    
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 5:42:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd say go for it.  I sold my USP 40 several years back and never missed it.  And a buddy just sold his USP Tactical to buy a Glock 34 which he shoots and enjoys much more than he ever did the HK.

Shooting a 5-shot group at 100 yards with all the holes touching is a whole different kind of fun.

Of course you're not going to be able to do anything with the 700P until you cough up another large chunk of change for a good scope.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top