Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 2:06:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Damn. Got me beat.

I thought my day sucked when I broke the tip of my allen wrench off in my Unity SARA installing my new Sordin Pros this morning...
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Damn. Got me beat.

I thought my day sucked when I broke the tip of my allen wrench off in my Unity SARA installing my new Sordin Pros this morning...
View Quote

Lol thanks
Last day was outrunning Isaias before it made landfall
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Lol thanks
Last day was outrunning Isaias before it made landfall
View Quote

What's the expected time to heal up?

And I know you're a well-prepared corrective lenses owner and you keep a spare pair with you
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And I know you're a well-prepared corrective lenses owner and you keep a spare pair with you
View Quote

No, and my prescription was out of date so the optometrist wouldn’t fax a copy. I got hit with the tourist tax all around. FML

10-12 weeks on the foot
I burned ALL of my sympathy points last week
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No, and my prescription was out of date so the optometrist wouldn’t fax a copy. I got hit with the tourist tax all around. FML

10-12 weeks on the foot
View Quote

Ohhh man. That sucks. I have probably 6 pair of my old prescription glasses that I just can't bring myself to throw away, always pack a few extra pair when we leave the house.

Sorry to hear about the foot.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#6]

I almost did that (had it all ordered) but ended up getting a g11 and sticking with bayonet. Ended up selling the Rhino II I bought. I wanted to do the g24 and dda but they seem to sell for almost new prices, even painted or in bad shape.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

10-12 weeks on the foot
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

10-12 weeks on the foot

fuuuuuuck, feel better man.  good news is you can heal in the dark....and see all.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

fuuuuuuck, feel better man.  good news is you can heal in the dark....and see all.
View Quote

"Hey, my NVG showed up now I can go run around the woods at night!" *fucks up his foot* "Yep, here I am... on my couch.. in the dark... doin Goon shit from the sofa, like I do in the daytime..."
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Received shipping notice on my XLS monocular today.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 12:38:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/zZvzQR6.jpg

"Hey, my NVG showed up now I can go run around the woods at night!" *fucks up his foot* "Yep, here I am... on my couch.. in the dark... doin Goon shit from the sofa, like I do in the daytime..."
View Quote

a dog with cat vision....if only!
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

when did you order?
View Quote

0610 their time on 7/3. 1-2wk crowd. TNVC said a ton should go out this week.

I saw a few people complain about having to be home all day to sign for this...I assumed people would know, but just in case you dont- you can redirect to your local FedEx Print & Ship. They usually have fairly decent hours and no having to wait around.  UPS makes me hold it at a local hub, which is far away, rather than the small local stores.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

0610 their time on 7/3. 1-2wk crowd. TNVC said a ton should go out this week.

I saw a few people complain about having to be home all day to sign for this...I assumed people would know, but just in case you dont- you can redirect to your local FedEx Print & Ship. They usually have fairly decent hours and no having to wait around.  UPS makes me hold it at a local hub, which is far away, rather than the small local stores.
View Quote

LOL I'm having mine shipped to the office. I'll be here all day anyways.

Still waiting tho
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm there with you.  Ordered at 0900 on 7/3 and given the 1-2 week lead time.  I'm still waiting.
View Quote

Unit showed up today, 8/7.  I am happy with it and it made it just in time for a trip to Grand Teton and Yellowstone NP!  Looking forward to some nighttime game drives.

Here are the specs:
Signal to Noise:  31.6
Center Res:  64
EBI:  .45
Halo:  .83

Solid tube and I am happy with it.  Good purchase!
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Unit showed up today, 8/7.  I am happy with it and it made it just in time for a trip to Grand Teton and Yellowstone NP!  Looking forward to some nighttime game drives.

Here are the specs:
Signal to Noise:  31.6
Center Res:  64
EBI:  .45
Halo:  .83

Solid tube and I am happy with it.  Good purchase!
View Quote

Same. Going out to the fishing camp again this weekend and can't wait to run around the bayou at night.

StN:32.5
Center Res:81
EBI:0.27
Halo: 0.68
FOM:2632

It's gated, despite some conflicting posts on here. Decent Zone 2 blem, but I guess it had to fail in some way for me to get it at this price.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Same. Going out to the fishing camp again this weekend and can't wait to run around the bayou at night.

StN:32.5
Center Res:81
EBI:0.27
Halo: 0.68
FOM:2632

It's gated, despite some conflicting posts on here. Decent Zone 2 blem, but I guess it had to fail in some way for me to get it at this price.
View Quote

damn dude, you got incredible specs.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

damn dude, you got incredible specs.
View Quote

Yea, no joke. I didn't even turn the thing on and knew it had to have had a blem, otherwise there was no way the tube was a mil reject. Small spot, I'll post a picture tonight.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
snip

Another large batch going out this week.
View Quote

Are you guys encountering shortages on specific components for -14s or does it extend to the binos as well?
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I forgot what the leadtime was for the folks who ordered before you stopped taking orders.  Could anyone remind me what the leadtime was, 3-4 months?
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 12:33:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Ordered early July 3, received Saturday. Have a largish blem right in my primary FOV.

StN:28.4
Center Res:72
EBI:0.42
Halo: 0.92
FOM:2044.8
Photo: 2063

Link Posted: 8/9/2020 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Oof, I guess it's not that bad
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ordered early July 3, received Saturday. Have a largish blem right in my primary FOV.

StN:28.4
Center Res:72
EBI:0.42
Halo: 0.92
FOM:2044.8
Photo: 2063

https://i.imgur.com/Jjuevgu.jpg

View Quote

Those specs are great! You’d be hard pressed to find something better with equal or better specs for the price...especially with the warranty provided. That blemish will be easy to look past. I’ve used worse without a problem.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Those specs are great! You'd be hard pressed to find something better with equal or better specs for the price...especially with the warranty provided. That blemish will be easy to look past. I've used worse without a problem.
View Quote
No doubt the specs are really good. And I expected blems/specs, just not right where my eye naturally views. If I could rotate the inner assembly 90-180 degrees I would never notice it. Don't get me wrong, I'm please with the overall quality for a comm NVG and TNVC have done a great job on these. Its just my OCD saying, dang...
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

Lum 1814
Halo .97
Ebi 2.22
Res 72
FOM 1936
Signal 26.9

Link Posted: 8/10/2020 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Question about these "spots", since I am still ignorant a good bit...

...will they get worse? Will they get larger, or could they propagate, or move, or multiply (like rust under chrome or paint or something, or like a bit of debris on a lens that shifts around and so forth?)? Do they signal a tube with any kind of mechanical weakness inherent to it? My only experience with this sort of thing is trash inside a Leupold MK6 reticle on the lens (internal), and it just got worse, so while I realize that is NOTHING like a tube, I also know asking is free and can swallow my pride enough to ask the dumb question.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No to all the above.

The good news is your tube is also covered for 10 years under the warranty.
View Quote

Most people don't know that your FOV has a blind spot in it, in each eye, that the brain automatically fills with what it thinks should go there so you don't have "blems in your tubes".

Random medical factoid.

Thanks for the answer! I will worry less about that, and more about when they are available, lol!
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#33]
The spot on mine doesn't bother me but the higher EBI number has me concerned.  I dont know specs so I'm waiting for it to get dark.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I forgot what the leadtime was for the folks who ordered before you stopped taking orders.  Could anyone remind me what the leadtime was, 3-4 months?
View Quote

I placed an order on 7/28 and the website at that time had a lead time of 12-15 weeks. The invoice that I received later that same day stated 16 weeks for delivery. I'm not too worried because this give me time to get a helmet, mount, etc.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Just hit a month since I ordered my DTNVGs. I was in the 12-15 week crew, so guess I've got another 2-3 months to wait. The wait is killing me! Lol
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 10:49:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Didn't get any good shots at the camp, way too bright outside.

Here is my blem.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Didn't get any good shots at the camp, way too bright outside.

Here is my blem.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/276423/B3D3D06B-04A9-4CDD-ADB2-7FD8A3DB441C_jpe-1541319.JPG
View Quote

Not bad at all! Glad it's not in zone 1.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not bad at all! Glad it's not in zone 1.
View Quote

Nope. When I first looked, I thought it might be in a bad spot. Once I started using the tube a bit, I didn't even notice it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#40]
These all look great! Almost wish I would have waited for this sale! I ordered some dtnvg’s from TNVC in April with the L3 WP tubes, then asked for the upgrade to the DTNVS’s whenever they came in. Then I “had” to hop on the coti deal, so I was kinda maxed out by the time these came out. I wish my wait was only 4 months! Glad so many more people are getting NV. Might be less lonely running around at night.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 3:09:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 3:23:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Bump.

How those mid July orders goin?
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 3:41:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

a dog with cat vision....if only!
View Quote

I'm pretty butthurt about how apparently well my dog sees at night, even on very low viz nights to be honest. I am not the least special to him in this regard with my NODS :(
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Bump.

How those mid July orders goin?
View Quote

From what I gather, they are still on 7/4/2020 orders for PVS-14 units and 7/5/2020 for DTNVG units. Still got a while to go before we are into mid July orders unfortunately!
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We're building as soon as we get the tubes in.  Thank you for the patience!
View Quote

Any update on when the next batch might be available? Pre order? I've got cash that I'm afraid I'll spend just in time.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#48]
I took this photo today, independence day Nods!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#49]

you still waiting on that D2?  Need that puppy before the election!

Lit my D2 up under my setup and it's pretty darn bright. Lit up my whole yard. I could see this thing washing out big time indoors.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

you still waiting on that D2?  Need that puppy before the election!

Lit my D2 up under my setup and it's pretty darn bright. Lit up my whole yard. I could see this thing washing out big time indoors.
View Quote

It doesn’t seem like I’ll have it before election time. Maybe thanksgiving
I’m patient
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top