Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/29/2006 3:02:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 3:05:42 PM EDT by bones21]
As we all know, Lifetime warranties are only good if the company stays around for well.... your lifetime.

So here is the big new : www.hk-54.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=723

It's not like we didn't see this coming eventually, but I honestly thought that Bobcat was doing fairly well.

We can only hope that Vector or somone will pick up the slack...

With FN & Sigarms dropping new "quality" toys for the same price as an "iffy" Bobcat / SW made guns, I guess it was time to pull up stakes

Who knows....

I do hope that someone atleast keeps the 94 clones alive. I have a feeling that Vector will.... at least I hope they do

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:58:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:59:24 PM EDT
This is a damn shame. I really wanted to get a HK94 clone and SBR it with my tax return cash. I guess I can't now.

I don't understnad why in the hell so many folks ripped at Bobcat Weapons and Todd Bailey. I mean yeah he put out some shit, but he was trying. Who the hell else is going to build HK clones?

It's fucked up, I think Bobcat would have done better if it had more support from the shooting community. But for every advertising dollar they spent people online trashed the hell out of them. I mean if the guns had a damn lifetime warranty then just keep returning the damn thing untill they get it right.

Oh well, I guess I will just build a AR-15 SBR.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:44:20 PM EDT
Well this sucks.

Maybe ORF will get their shit togather.

I bet Vector will pick up the 9mm clones. If they did that and assembled quality guns, they would pretty much be the shit when it comes to HK clones. If they take over the 9mm guns who really gives a shit if ORF ever offers them...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:03:49 PM EDT
Hmm so buy the bobcat Ive had my eye on now, or wait to see if someone builds the same/superior product. decisions, decisions, but Im not a big fan of the hurry and buy show.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:46:33 PM EDT
What do you think this will do to the current prices of the used guns?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:48:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ffsparky26:
This is a damn shame. I really wanted to get a HK94 clone and SBR it with my tax return cash. I guess I can't now.

I don't understnad why in the hell so many folks ripped at Bobcat Weapons and Todd Bailey. I mean yeah he put out some shit, but he was trying. Who the hell else is going to build HK clones?

It's fucked up, I think Bobcat would have done better if it had more support from the shooting community. But for every advertising dollar they spent people online trashed the hell out of them. I mean if the guns had a damn lifetime warranty then just keep returning the damn thing untill they get it right.

If ou ever had to deal with Todd Bailey you would know why everyone rips on him I once said the exact same thing you said until I had to deal with him !
hopefully vector will step up and take these guns over but now the big boys like fn and sig sauer are coming out with the gun of every one dreams (mine at least the 556 sig) and now everything will change and bailey won't have everyone over a barrel!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:15:37 PM EDT
Just because Toad said that, doesn't make it true...He has been called on a lot of Bullshit in the past.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:07:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 11:27:04 PM EDT by ARCAPTN]
Obviously there are alot of variables here. I will take a shot in the dark.

If you are on the fence about getting a BW....get'em while you can. I wouldn't worry about the warranty if that is holding you back. You can always send it to a reputable gun smith (IGF) and have it squared away if needed. If turns out to be BS and BW sticks around or is picked up by another SW parent company...you are still a winner. You have your rifle and I'm assuming Todd B would back any BW weapon since they supply the parts. Maybe not.

Maybe I'm off my rocker here but I would think that if BW throws in the towel...that the prices might spike a bit until all of the remaining wpns have been snatched up. Maybe not. Maybe they will just go away quietly and the remaining weapons will go stagnet due to lack of product support.

I would forget about ORF. Maybe next year or the year after or maybe after that?

Just my $.02s, but I would get a BW if I didn't have 2 already. You never know when the next time you will be able to find an afordable HK94/MP5 clone.

Peace out Napoleon...

ARCAPTN

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:33:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2006 2:36:26 AM EDT by Rickyj]

Originally Posted By ffsparky26:

I have kind of found that there are two different types of "ripping" here.

1) That directed at a product or type of weapon, which I generally find to be at its core nothing but a bunch of BS. i.e. "AKs are crap", "Glocks suck", etc. This is usually spouted by what I view as the typical bad stereotype of a know it all ignorant gun owner. These opinions are based upon something that guy heard in his shop, from his buddy, his grandpa etc. There is generally little or no logic based behind it, just a lot of nonsense emotion.

2) That directed against a company or person, which is usually based in reality. i.e. "Special weapons customer service sucks", or "Impact guns screwed me". These people are angry because they have actually been wronged in some way, and a reputation builds. As the reputation builds it becomes common place and sounds like #1, but is totally different in cause.

I have not dealt with Todd, or SW, or BW. But I have no problem believing that their criticisms are deserved.

I have personally dealt with a bad weapons company, Olympic Arms, and it really pissed me off. I ordered a parts kit, and they sent it without a stock. I thought no big deal I'll just call them. When I called them, they said "call back in 3 days". I did. After a bunch of being shuffled around, recalling, etc. I was told that a replacement stock was being sent out, and about a week later it got there. When I took the upper out to put everything together and got it in the sun I realized the thing was purple, not a little bit, A LOT! I called and had to deal with all kinds of BS before I just decided to return it. End result 1 month with no gun but plenty of headache. Not to mention when I let the people on this board know what happened, I find out they are releasing personal and private information about me - because one of their guys posted it on the board.

- That is a long winded story with only a little relation to this one, but the point is that Olympic Arms sucks, and you will find plenty of people that will tell you just that. They make plenty of good rifles, and the AR15 is a fantasic rifle. But if you get the dud you're fucked. Try finding people who will talk the same way about Bushmaster, or HK, or Kimber, etc.

I view SW in the same way. They make a bunch of good rifles, and the HK rifles they are based upon are great, but Special Weapons is a terrible company.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:37:02 AM EDT
They probibly are closing up shop to get out of the warrenty work. I mean, isn't that what SW did...
BUT, I look for Coharie Arms ( their OTHER company) to start making them.
and I'm not 100% sure, but I think Vector was getting their pistol-caliber rec. from BW/SW, so if they fold up, who knows.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:39:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:45:48 AM EDT
Ah shit, they are probably just changing names again.. SW, Vulcan, Bobcat, now what???
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:17:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By coltshorty14:
Ah shit, they are probably just changing names again.. SW, Vulcan, Bobcat, now what???

Vulcan = Hesse , which is not part of Special Weapons, and never has.
Bobcat = Bobcat , which is not part of Special Weapons. They were a seperate company that purchased all of the parts from SW to make their clones. So if you want to call them SW , be my guest, but they're Bobcat.

When you comment, be right.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:52:43 AM EDT
So, would a BW5 make a good investment now?

If you can find one...

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:07:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hunterex:

Bobcat = Bobcat , which is not part of Special Weapons. They were a seperate company that purchased all of the parts from SW to make their clones. So if you want to call them SW , be my guest, but they're Bobcat.

Take a look at who the company is registered to then comeback and say that again. Last I looked Toad had a hand in Bobcat so......
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:43:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By photoman:

Originally Posted By Hunterex:

Take a look at who the company is registered to then comeback and say that again. Last I looked Toad had a hand in Bobcat so......

Here we go again. Toad/Todd supplies the parts , Bobcat does the assembling. It's still not Speshul Weponz.

Look , I don't like the guy's antics either, but a mouse is a mouse and a rat is a rat.
Top Top