Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2010 5:32:59 PM EDT
Buying a Suppressor (my first), so i'm a little new at this. The County Sherrif is a real nice guy, handled the fingerprinting at no charge, very cool about everything so far. I kind of think it might be his first Form 4...

Anyways, he signed the form, and filled in the address, etc., but they are in a slightly different order. For instance on the first one, the address line is:

"XXXX County Sheriffs office, 26 N Main, XXXXtown, XX 11111"
"XXXXX County" (above the line marked county)
while the other reads:

"Sheriffs Office, 26 N Main XXXXtown, XX 11111"
"XXXXX" (above the line marked county - he didn't write "county" out)

Will this be an issue?

Also - on the Fingerprint cards:

1) do I need to fill in "employer and address", "reason fingerprinted" and all the personal info - height, weight, age, ssn, etc? (I'm assuming I do....)

Any online resource that shows a properly filled out Form 4 and Fingerprint cards?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes fill it all in. Reason could be hearing protection, collection, hobby, just about anything. A guy said on here the other day, that he had a customer put Zombies
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Employer & address is the person taking your fingerprints, not you. Reason fingerprinted: NFA purchase. Finally, for your own benefit dont affix that particular picture above of yourself on your form 4 as the folks in the NFA office are not fond of Appalachia
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:54:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Employer & address is the person taking your fingerprints, not you. Reason fingerprinted: NFA purchase. Finally, for your own benefit dont affix that particular picture above of yourself on your form 4 as the folks in the NFA office are not fond of Appalachia

Oh, the real picture is MUCH uglier.

Another stupid question:  How do you "affix a picture" to the form?  Staple it? glue it? loop of tape in the back? tape around the borders?

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:14:45 AM EDT
[#4]
If the sherrif is as nice as you said I would run them back over to his office and make the froms read the same. In my opinion, one examiner "might" allow the small discrepancy and another examiner may reject them.

I would take care of it now and save a small headache later.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:39:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't think the sheirff signage is an issue...have his signature, who and where is is thats covered it.
My dealer usually fill all that out for the CLEO..so all he has to do is sign and date.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:09:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, the real picture is MUCH uglier.

Another stupid question:  How do you "affix a picture" to the form?  Staple it? glue it? loop of tape in the back? tape around the borders?

I've made a loop of tape with my 2 stamps.  Any stamps from now on I think I'm going to use a glue stick for.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:24:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I used a glue stick on my form 4. On my form 1,  I printed the picture right onto the form.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top