Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/2/2010 4:37:59 PM EDT
Milltronics VKM 4
Iso. view of the toolpaths

I had the other guy that does programming come out and take a look at this, All he said was "How did you get it to do that?"
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:14:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Nightdriver:
Milltronics VKM 4
Iso. view of the toolpaths
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/Nightdriver/563303062_1997050322_0.jpg

I had the other guy that does programming come out and take a look at this, All he said was "How did you get it to do that?"

wtf?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:33:50 AM EDT
Is that programmed conversationally, g-code, or offline with a CAM package?

If it's programmed conversationally, How does it look when you verify without comp?

Do you have a radius programmed into that corner, with a tool that is to large?

Stop biting your nails.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:08:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gun_Crank:
Is that programmed conversationally, g-code, or offline with a CAM package?

If it's programmed conversationally, How does it look when you verify without comp?

Do you have a radius programmed into that corner, with a tool that is to large?

Stop biting your nails.

Conversational programing
Verified without comp it's fine
Radius in the corner is supposed to be a .160 and I had it set up with a .250Dia. E/M so that should work.

The biggest thing that throws me is that all the Z levels are supposed to be the same path.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:39:50 PM EDT
Can you IM me the P-???? program? I'd like to take a look at it.

Try writing a new program from the beginning. if it is a control glitch, it may not do it on a new program
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:23:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2010 5:25:41 PM EDT by IIRC]
Since it's conversational and you said that all the paths were supposed to be the same, I'm wondering if you used the "repeat" function in your programming.

If you start your repeat at a point where you have a z axis move, it will obviously continue to repeat those moves, including a negative z value.

Your depths look equidistant, just eyeballing it from the pic, obviously not that we could tell from here. Just guessing on that part.

ETA: Are you saying it isn't giving you the z axis program with cutter comp off? If so, that's very, very strange.
Conversational programing
Verified without comp it's fine
Radius in the corner is supposed to be a .160 and I had it set up with a .250Dia. E/M so that should work.

The biggest thing that throws me is that all the Z levels are supposed to be the same path.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:15:32 AM EDT
The Milltronics I used to run did the exact opposite. It would show up fine in the verify graphics page and then do crazy shit when you ran it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:54:14 AM EDT

Try writing a new program from the beginning. if it is a control glitch, it may not do it on a new program

I not able to send anything from this machine, It's not on a network at all.

Makes getting new programs from the programmer kind of a multi-step operation.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:47:55 AM EDT

The Programmer? What program was this written in?

Looks like a Cent 6 or 7 machine. It probably has at least a 3.5" floppy disk on the side of the machine. File Save etc.
I'm sure you already figured it out. I like figuring this stuff out is all.

I may not know a whole lot, but the one thing I do know is the Milltronics control. If you ever need help programming a part on a Milltronics machine, I'm here buddy.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:50:32 AM EDT

The Programmer? What program was this written in?

Looks like a Cent 6 or 7 machine. It probably has at least a 3.5" floppy disk on the side of the machine. File Save etc.
I'm sure you already figured it out. I like figuring this stuff out is all.

I may not know a whole lot, but the one thing I do know is the Milltronics control. If you ever need help programming a part on a Milltronics machine, I'm here buddy.

By programmer I meant the guy that does the big programs.
We got this mill a couple of years age and I was surprised that it did still have a floppy drive. Right now we use a SD card to transfer programs from his computer and put them in my mill.

The reason this program has 3 Z levels is that I'm making trimmer tools out of M2 HS steel using a .250 Dia mill.

Anyhow, it will be a few days before I get back to this, I have a bunch of class III copper electrodes to cut.

Top Top