Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/16/2006 11:03:00 AM EDT
I have been enjoying my time teaching my 7 year old son how to shoot his first rifle. He has a CZ 452 Scout. I have really enjoyed my time shooting a rimfire and decide to buy myself a .22lr rifle also. I decide to buy one of the new Cooper rifles. It is a Model 57 in a benchrest configuration. I should have it by the end of January.

The 'New Cooper Benchrest'

Went into Production at the end of September 2005.

Initial Production of 40 Rifles were all shipped by the first week of October.

Action: Single Shot 22 Rimfire based on the Cooper 57M action with a PO Ackley recoil lug

Barrel: Wilson Air Gauged Match Quality 24 inch - .875 dia. 1/16 twist

Trigger: Cooper trigger adjusted for a Crisp and clean break at 1.5 lb.

Stock: McMillan Red BR-50 with a 3 inch fore end.

There has been some talk that a wood version might be available in the future.

Accuracy guarantee will be Cooper's standard, .250" 5-shot groups at 50 yds.

They use Leupold bases for testing and the customer has the option to buy the bases that were used for the test targets.

(Dan Cooper mentioned that the test rifle is shooting 1/8" all day in-doors)

Dan Cooper has updated the BR Community with the following post he made at Benchrest Central on 7/12/2005:

"My hopes are that the rifle will be used off a bench in a target shooting environment whether it be sanctioned competition or just 2 guys shooting flies. It is NOT a sporting rifle nor is it an off-hand rifle.

I'm not looking for big numbers from this rifle...I learned that lesson long ago with the TRP-1 and the Kimber All American Match. What I am hoping is that the accuracy and the shape will lead the way in getting more shooters involved in rimfire precision shooting.

The barrel was designed specifically to take a tuner and/or bloop tube.
The stock is a true BR stock. The triggers are crisp and break clean at 1.5 lb. Will you get your trigger to that 6oz target? No comment!!

There's no way we could duplicate the skill of Bill Calfee on a semi-production basis. And if we did or tried, the rifle would cost $4,000 plus! What Bill does is a bargain!

What I am hoping is simply that the rifle will lower the technical threshold to entry level "BR style" and actual BR sanctioned competition shooting. From there, I am sure that the shooter will work his way to the $3-4,000 truely custom precision instrument. But by having an entry level rifle, the shooter can enter the game, play the game, "look" like he/she belongs at the game, and shoot accurately."

Dan Cooper

Poor pic off the web.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:54:26 PM EDT
OK - How much will it cost me?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:44:06 AM EDT

OK - How much will it cost me?

List $1275.

I'm paying $1199 shipped.

It's the $1000 Leupold Competition Series 45x scope that is going to hurt.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:50:19 PM EDT
Neat gun.

But will it outshoot a Rem 513 or Anschutz considering the higher price?

-Tx
Top Top