Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2013 1:34:41 PM EDT
I've seen some "tactical" double barrel shotguns on racks (lights and rails, etc.).  Now the tactical stuff is kinda ghey on a break barrel, but  I've always liked the old coach guns.  Super reliable ("two for sure").  Anyway, what are everyones' thoughts on having a coach gun or other double stashed around the abode for HD, or even just the odd critter messing with the chickens.  Is there an 18.5" coach gun with choke tubes?  Seems that would be the ticket for both roles.  Oh, pics of your Bidenators would be cool too.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the idea. I still kick myself for selling my Rossi Overland 12 gauge to a buddy years ago. 20" barrels (IC/Mod.), exposed hammers. Now I can't find one. Crap.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#2]
For the price of one of those doubles you can get an inexpensive pump.

Why settle for two shots unless you just like the nostalgic feel?
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Ease of handling?  Barrels are going to be shorter, weight will be lighter (not always a good thing in a shotgun, though), and fewer mechanical motions to go through to make the thing go BOOM?
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ease of handling?  Barrels are going to be shorter, weight will be lighter (not always a good thing in a shotgun, though), and fewer mechanical motions to go through to make the thing go BOOM?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've worked with my hands my entire adult life and am a smidge over 6ft tall. Weight never really troubled me, and pumps I can work in my sleep.

A 10 gauge double could be relevant to my interests, though...  
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I have plenty of shotguns to choose from and keep two ready to go.  No way in hell I would step outside with only two shots and no spare ammo/slugs.  To reload a double means the gun is non functional.  You can keep feeding a pump or semi while shouldered.  These days our shotguns are more for bear, cougars, wolves etc......but I followed the same rules when we lived urban.  Buck in the gun, slugs in the saddle.  Doubles in the safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top