Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 5:04:02 PM EDT
Well I got my Nagant back with the ATi rail, heres a few snap shots.

It looks a little tall, I may need to swap the rings out. We will see how she shoots, if I cant dial it down more, I will have to swap them out.  They are approx 1/2 inch higher than the other.

I guess IF I was shooting 600 yards it would be perfect heh!

Now I know its not wood and I have M39 still with its wood, so dont flame me too hard

Thx
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]
sweet lookin rifle...where did the bolt come from? would it clear a lower scope mounting or is that just a bad angle in the pic?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you modify the ATI mount by shortening it?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:54:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the wrong bent bolt, it would not clear the ATi rail. So the rail had to be shortened.

I got the bolt from here
The bent bolt cost as much as the gun

Pics without the scope of bolt and rail.

And with Scope

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Well the rings didnt go down to well, too much recoil.  The shims that hold the scope in for 1" just kept sliding out. I went back to normal scope rings and dialed it back in and it works great now.

Able to shoot 5" targets at 200 yards just fine.

Then I switched for silver tip to yellow tip and it shot 2 feet higher, I was like wow, Save that ammo for later when I run out of silver tip.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you start with a nice 91/30 or did you get one already bubba'd and just change it up?

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:08:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, at least it isn't looking like this:

Seriously though, use some shorter rings, that scope may need a little red light on the top in case any planes come flying by...

Other than that, its pretty tastefully done. Not my style. But I do have a mismatched 91/30 that has some mangled up stock parts and an ATI stock...hmmm

ETA: your title says "Black Nagant", when just using "Nagant" it typically refers to the Nagant Revolver, not the Mosin Nagant Rifles...Thus the terms "M.N." or sometimes just "Mosin" or "Flame Thrower Rifle"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top