Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2002 6:32:27 AM EDT
Got my 03 from CMP yesterday.  About seven weeks.

Remington 03(not A3) with the straight stock.  SN in the 3,129,XXX range, Springfield 8-42 barrel.  Wood is pretty dinged up but should clean up.  Metal looks extremely nice.  I see looks because its got so much grease on it its going to take me a week to dig thru it.  Flushed the bolt out last night and it looks almost new.  No rebuild marks on the stock, but I haven't cleaned it up yet.  Don't know if the barrel is original or not.  Did Remington us Springfiled barrels?

Anybody have a web site for 03's?  Specifically looking for serial number ranges. Curious when mine was built.  Guessing 41 or 42.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:21:06 AM EDT
[#1]
You must have been on the lotter list, right?  My understanding is that they're not even processing non-lottery list orders yet.

Congrats on receiving it - was it what you asked for?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:05:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I was on the "list" and yes I got what I wanted.  At last report they were out of two variations, the Smith Corona A3's and one of the low number Rock Island variations.  I think. Friend reported that apps received thru March 20 have been processed.  Mine went overnight mail to CMP about March 9.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:12:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the 03's are under the same purchase procedures as the M1's are now. No lottery required.

Check their website www.odcmp.com

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:13:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I shall continue to wait (semi-)patiently.  I'm not even going to start looking for mine until sometime around September.  

Edited to say - there's no lottery anymore, but they were processing orders first from those that were on the lottery list.  Other orders won't even be processed until May 1.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top