Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/27/2013 9:00:59 AM EST
I just re-loaded my first bullets and tested them. Well I loaded 10 and tested 3 of them,. Anyway results were great so I was happy. I purchased a Lee challenger a week ago and visited this section a lot.
Still a lot to learn, I still did not trust the powder dispenser so I weighed every powder charge so it took a little longer. I did find it to vary a little each one so I made sure everyone weighed exactly the same the most it was off was 1 or 2 pieces of powder. I was loading for my .270 hunting rifle and I want as much accuracy as possible.

Well thanks to everyone who shared their knowledge on here. I would not have attempted it without this site.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:15:19 AM EST
Congrats on your first reloads!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:46:28 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:47:17 AM EST
Prepare your wallet. Good luck. Be safe!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:12:52 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dryflash3:
Welcome to the Reloader club, and our hobby.

Just take it slow and if you have questions, ask.

Some upgrades in your tools will help with the confidence factor.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dryflash3:
Originally Posted By Flyer5:
I just re-loaded my first bullets and tested them. Well I loaded 10 and tested 3 of them,. Anyway results were great so I was happy. I purchased a Lee challenger a week ago and visited this section a lot.
Still a lot to learn, I still did not trust the powder dispenser so I weighed every powder charge so it took a little longer. I did find it to vary a little each one so I made sure everyone weighed exactly the same the most it was off was 1 or 2 pieces of powder. I was loading for my .270 hunting rifle and I want as much accuracy as possible.

Well thanks to everyone who shared their knowledge on here. I would not have attempted it without this site.

Welcome to the Reloader club, and our hobby.

Just take it slow and if you have questions, ask.

Some upgrades in your tools will help with the confidence factor.

Thanks, just taking it slow for now. I do already have a large wish list.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:16:09 AM EST
Originally Posted By tightlines49:
Prepare your wallet. Good luck. Be safe!
View Quote

I am seeing this. So when does it get cheaper?

Actually I am reloading more for accuracy over cost for right now anyway. I have a bunch of 223/556 to do at a later time. I did order 200 bullets for the .270 anyway.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:04:36 AM EST
Welcome, and never hesitate to ask for help.

I too would not have stayed in reloading if not

for this site. As is life, you'll hear from some

mean people, some who know everything but

really know nothing, and a whole lot of people

who will relate their real world experiences and

offer sound advice. If you check enough threads,

you'll soon realize the writers to look for on almost

any topic.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:59:00 AM EST
Awesome! I just pulled the plug on a Hornady lock and load. Remember my name because there will be some dumb questions coming from me.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:15:23 AM EST
Originally Posted By TylerC:
Awesome! I just pulled the plug on a Hornady lock and load. Remember my name because there will be some dumb questions coming from me.
View Quote

For you and everyone else who has a question. Check the RESOURCE section at the top of this forum. It has helped me numerous times.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:31:29 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:34:50 PM EST
Originally Posted By jim:

For you and everyone else who has a question. Check the RESOURCE section at the top of this forum. It has helped me numerous times.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jim:
Originally Posted By TylerC:

Been through them many times. They are the reason I had enough confidence to reload my first rounds by myself.
Top Top