Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 10:46:14 AM EST
I am a long time reader of many boards, including this one.. I don't post much but I feel this needs to be said..

I would just like to say THANK YOU to Steyr for releasing a genuine AUG for sale in the USA!!!

This has been a long time coming.. I bought my first A1 in 1995 and have owned A1/A2/USR/Special receiver/14" Commando/Registered sear pack, sadly now all sold for one reason or another.. I remember many years ago (at least 10) talk of releasing an AUG back into the USA and all of the failed plans or maybe just rumours on gun boards that are long gone.. and now it is a reality! In our current political climate/outlook, gun owners everywhere should be thankful that there is another quality firearm available to US citizens!

And certainly Microtech and TPD deserve much credit for releasing fine products.. I don't own a MSAR but have handled several and they appear to be of excellent quality and are very beautifully crafted.. I'm sure the AXR is of the same quality.. I would be proud to own a copy of either brand..

With that said, I am done with the AR15 bullpup board.. you people (and "you" know who "you" are) have turned every topic on this board into a pissing match about brand loyalty or magazine compatibility or some other topic that has been beaten to death thousands of times! ANY release of ANY new firearm product into the USA at this point in time is wonderful given the current political situation, and all MSAR/AXR/Steyr owners should be thankful that there is another option for owners/collectors/shooters to purchase and enjoy.. I am not a political expert so this is only my opinion, but I believe in a few years the sort of Steyr/Sabre partnership we have witnessed here would not even be considered by either company.. I hope that I am wrong, but I don't see our gun rights expanding or even remaining the same for very much longer..

So, PLEASE do not take this thread and turn it into a Microtech/Steyr debate.. I greatly appreciate all of the users who have posted pics/reviews of their A3, and I look forward to getting mine in a few weeks (cross fingers for Pete to call soon!).. thanks again to Steyr/Sabre for the release of the much anticipated A3 and keep up the good work!!

I'm going to go find another place on the Internet to keep up with AUG/clone news..

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:00:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By Renard:

I'm going to go find another place on the Internet to keep up with AUG/clone news..

Good luck on your future Steyr purchase.

No point leaving here. If you're thinking of the USAAUG forum or the forum hosted by TPD, the bashing and immaturity level is off the charts there. Especially the USAAUG forum, what a complete bunch of retards and there is absolutely NO moderation. I wouldn't waste your time.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:59:42 PM EST
Pete Athens is moderating over at Usaaug.com now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:41:45 PM EST
Renard...before you go, please read this.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=43&t=275214&page=1#bottom

I agree this place has turned into a bash fest and with the exception of a few who continue to stir the pot the majority of us would like to make a serious change.

I am one of the ones who in most cases calls out certain members for what i believe are purposely misleading or made up facts.

Unfortunately this leads to threads going astray and nothing accomplished mainly because some here have an agenda.

I am also going let it be as ther is no winning on the internet when it comes to these matters.

I apologize and ask that you please consider hanging out and sharing your experiences with your new rifle when you receive it.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:32:58 PM EST
I am in full agreement! This is no place to trash MSAR, Steyr or any other company trying to bring good products to the American shooter. Gees I'd love to have an AXR to go with my AUGs.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:03:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/29/2009 4:06:33 PM EST by sgtlmj]
Agreed. Thank you Steyr, and thanks to MSAR and TPD for lighting a fire under Steyr so they'd come back into the US market.

Anyone interested in entering a raffle for a new Steyr A3, head on over to www.usaaug.com and sign up for a Gold level membership. Once we get around 40 entries, the raffle can commence. That's pretty good odds. [/end sales pitch]

...and yes, Pete is the Steyr AUG area moderator. He's been Johnny-on-the-spot with replies and info too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:11:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/29/2009 5:18:47 PM EST by SilentType]
I don't know if MSAR or TPD can be given credit for Steyr coming back into the U.S. Market.

It's been a long, long, long journey and I know because I've watched every step of the way and been there through the times of hope and disappointment waiting. I'm not some Johnny "Come Lately" that just got interested in the A3 recently, but have been waiting for it since I first saw pictures of it back in 2004.

The import ban followed by Clinton's addition of the USR to the import ban list and then the AWB in 1994 really drove a knife through Steyr. To their credit though they continued to import into this nation fine firearms and I think if you like the AUG A3 you should really look at their other fine firearms. Those that missed out on the virtual steal of the Steyr MA1 pistol at CDNN should kick themselves, because you'll frankly never find such a fine pistol for sale at that price for a long time. Steyr did their best to import everything they legally could, but our Federal Government doesn't make it easy for them to do that.

Back in 2006 there was a hope that Steyr would bring the A3 into the U.S. again at least for military and LEO sales, but then the State Department under the leadership of Secretary Rice (anyone know anything she accomplished?) decided to sanction Steyr, because they made a legal sale to Iran of HS-50's back before Achmedinajad was elected as allowed under current Austrian law and international treaties and sanctions. When Secretary Rice demanded they break their contract and not ship the second batch of HS-50's Steyr agreed and asked if for doing so they would be allowed access to the U.S. market again. Well not only did Secretary Rice deny them access to the U.S. market for their AUG again, BUT went the extra step of adding sanctions against them even though Steyr had done what the U.S. requested. That prevented the sale of their A3's to military and LEO.

To make matters worse Steyr was having difficulty dealing with companies here in the U.S. to keep up warranty service. There were periods of times as long as months where we Steyr faithful simply didn't warranty service for any Steyr firearm. It was a dark and long road, but out of it came Steyr Arms with U.S. offices and Steyr's own people like Jack and Jeff who are great guys that will go the extra mile for ya believe me. Things were starting to look up and we were starting to get more MA1's in and even SA1 pistols, and there was talk about the AUG in the forms of rumors and hushed whispers among the gun community.

Than in late 2006 and early 2007 Steyr gained new corporate leadership, but the change kept Steyr absent from SHOT Show 2007 and caused the liquidation of a lot of a Steyr firearms to companies like CDNN. Needless to say it took some faithful folks to ride that one out and see the light at the end of the long tunnel. After the corporate change up though Steyr got right back to work with their American Cousins Steyr Arms leading the way. By SHOT Show 2008 Steyr was back and back with a vengence at long last informing folks with the very low key way in which Steyr does marketing of the planned return of the AUG in the form of the A3. We also learned that Steyr had moved and expanded its warranty staff and taken steps to create a more lasting and sustainable prescence in the United States of America.

By August of 2008 we had the official announcement posted on Steyr's new website. Unfortunately, we had customs issues with the Steyr parts that cause a brief delay earlier this year, but the parts are here in the form of a entire boat load of parts and everything Steyr has ever sold in the United States of America and will sell can now be fully backed.

If the Democratic Congress and President gives us another AWB after this monumental effort by Steyr with all the mountains of U.S. Federal Government redtape and pure political crap they had to climb over to bring the A3 here I will officially go insane.

So, let's give credit where credit is due to the folks in Steyr, Austria for dealing with complicated international issues, laws, and forming a deal with another company on another continent that speaks a different language. Really an amazing accomplishment in terms of business.

The only things really left now to do is to get enough A3's into the market place and for Steyr to get their online accessory store up, which will be a great addition for folks (you can call now if you need something, but the online store will be cool). If Steyr can keep up a steady stream of parts into the country without going through periods where they can't offer customer support they should be just fine.

Top Top