Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/9/2018 9:21:38 PM
Posted: 4/19/2018 1:21:30 AM EST
What can y'all tell me about TVM rifles, I'm wanting a flintlock and I'm intrigued by their Tennessee Rifle.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 2:24:20 PM EST
Everything I have ever heard about them is good. Would love one.

Check out the Muzzleloading Forum and you'll find lots of them shown and discussed.

Rob
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 9:07:34 PM EST
Fine rifles, fine people, you can't go wrong.

Doc
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 7:50:23 AM EST
Yes- great folks. I have had one of their early Lancasters for about 18 years- beautiful and dead nuts accurate.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 1:39:27 PM EST
Those look nice.

Dumb question, If you buy an "in the white" kit, what is all required in finishing the barrel/metal?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 7:16:08 PM EST
I have an Lancaster in 54 flint and steel trim on a beautiful tiger stripe maple stock. Besides heavy it is a wonderful rifle that is accurate to me and has been reliable when I do what I am supposed to do. For the money it is a great rifle.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 10:12:15 PM EST
They're good folks. To those who build their own or follow the contemporary makers, they are a bit too "mass produced" and generic, but to you and I....they're gorgeous.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By camarojsmith:
Those look nice.

Dumb question, If you buy an "in the white" kit, what is all required in finishing the barrel/metal?
View Quote
You'll have to do everything. Some folks brown the barrels. Others soak them in a rusting/pitting solution, let it sit for a couple days and then use steel wool to remove it all. Gives an aged appearance. Still others treat them so they look "blued" like a modern gun would look. Personally, I think the rusting/pitting solution gives the best look, but YMMV. It's not as drastic as it sounds.

Sorry I don't know all the terminoligy yet. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:53:29 PM EST
I’m so glad you posted this thread . I’ve been looking at getting a complete rifle and was going to get he pedersoli Rocky Mountain in .54 in January. Instead I will be ordering an upgraded Southern rifle from TVM in .58. That thing looks good.
Top Top