Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2009 10:08:06 PM EDT
I have a .308 bolt gun with a wood stock that I want to change the look of. The only problem is that the wood stock is in great condition. I may want to return in to its wood look some day, and so I don't want to completely refinish it. Is there a way to get it all camo'd up without permanently changing the gun? I saw that walmart had some "camo gun tape" that is meant to temporarily camp your gun, but I wasn't sure if this would leave a residue or damage the gun, or if it is even worth trying. What's the consensus on this and other temp refinishing ideas?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:29:14 PM EDT
[#1]
That tape at walmart does leave a residue but goof off will take it off.  Beyond that, for the life of me i dont know what its called, but there is a company that takes (essentially) those self adhesive ace bandages and camo's (camo'd?) them.  Wrap your rifle and g2g.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally I would get an ATI or replacement stock and alter that and leave the original alone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top