Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 1:39:43 PM EDT
I'm not terribly familiar with HK's, as I've only shot a few that other people had at the range, but I was sufficiently impressed.  I bought a Fleming sear in a burst pack and a CA DOJ HK94 from two different people this week.  Once I get the host gun in, I want to get it SBR'ed and MP5-ized (is that a word? ).  As far as I can tell, this is what I need done:

1. Install a threaded 3-lug short barrel (is it better to have the current barrel cut and threaded or get a new SBR barrel?)
2. Install a paddle mag release
3. Remark as MP5
4. Refinish

Is there anything else that I should have done?  Also, can you give me a list of C2's that convert HKs?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Send it all to Vollmer in ILL or S&H in OK, they will do it all
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on buying a Flemming Sear pack. I really need to buy one.

Check into RDTS. The do VERY good work, but they will take a long time.

Gordon Miller does nice HK C2 work.

Jayson at Investment Grade Firearms have turned out some nice work, and I think his pricing is fair.

Curtis Higgins at S&H will do it.

There are a few others but I think Vollmer is no longer taking on HK work.

Post over at HKpro.com they will have a full list and people will post pictures of C2s work.

Chris
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Send it all to Vollmer in ILL or S&H in OK, they will do it all

AFAIK Vollmer is not doing work anymore, I even heard he is prohibited from touching a firearm due to a legal problem with Club Fed!!

Y
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Check into RDTS. The do VERY good work, but they will take a long time.

Ralph at RDTS built my MP5 in 2 days.   That's not typical but he has shortened his turnaround times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top