Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/8/2006 2:50:14 PM EDT
Its a R1A1 sporter, what can you tell me about it, good??? Bad?? except for the sights, I know they suck.

Most parts say its made in the US, it seems to be well made (except for the sights) . Remember I'm a M1A/M1 guy.

Here is a link to the picture, I dont know how to post pictures here http://imageevent.com/kraigwy/posting?n=0

http://imageevent.com/kraigwy/posting?n=0
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:17:23 PM EDT
LOOKs GREAT but the big question is what kind of receiver does it have, who made it
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:55:20 PM EDT
reciever says Hosso US or something simular, can't find my glasses.

R1A1 sporter made in Vt I believe
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:07:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/8/2006 4:07:51 PM EDT by Warrior-Poet]
Receiver is a HESSE. Pot luck (I had a Hesse FALO-C HB carbine, adn loved it).

The R1A1 is a marketing name of Century's: they used L1A1 donors and Metric receivers, seized the South African R1 'nom de guerre' and VOILA! Usually uses Metric magazines on what otherwise a'appears' to be an Inch kit. IF it shoots, great. If it doens't we can fix it. Go here:

FAL Files

I am Admin over there. We have over 20K members, and right now about 2K (members and visitors) are actually logged in. Active Forums, good technical advice, and some rn-and-gun forums for those inclined to get into internet rough adn tumble.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:00:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/8/2006 5:02:55 PM EDT by KA3B]
Put these "tags" in the front [img*] and in the back [/img*] of the URL that has the picture.
In your case it would look like this, except the * would be removed.
[img*]photos.imageevent.com/kraigwy/posting/websize/FAL.jpg[/img*]

You also need to get to the URL that has the image file.
Right click on the picture in your link, copy it and paste it inbetween the "thingies".

Nice toes

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:37:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/8/2006 6:42:30 PM EDT by geezzer]
check your fire there Warrior-Poet ..... that's oh so far away from appearing to be an inch kit on that weapon..... I'm no expert but it appears to me to be more likely a South African metric kit..... the furniture and carry handle are all wrong to be inch pattern.... no open ear gas block... a bi-pod cut barrel..... gernade site gas plug..... and I bet the rear sight doesn't fold either
Top Top