Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2007 3:49:14 PM EDT
Like the title says gentlemen.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Imported 1959-1963. Sear-cut receivers, exempted from the NFA registry and listed by serial # as such. Type I receiver cuts. Variations in furniture. Expensive.
That's off the top of my head. Anything in particular you're looking for?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Imported 1959-1963. Sear-cut receivers, exempted from the NFA registry and listed by serial # as such. Type I receiver cuts. Variations in furniture. Expensive.
That's off the top of my head. Anything in particular you're looking for?

I've had my interest piqued recently - anything that was banned by name does that.
Also the fact that the majority of them can be bought with a C/R FFL also interests me.

I'm primarily looking for possible pricing, how often they come up for sale, and what the FAL guys think of them compared to other FALs?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Price can vary dependent on condition obviously. You'd be very lucky to find one for less than $3000. Since there are only 1836 (if memory serves me correctly) of them so they don't come up for sale very often. Make sure it is on the list before buying. There are a dozen on the list that are not G-prefixed serial #'s. Also, there are 200 G-prefixed serial # FALs that are not true "G-series" rifles. These will have Type II receivers and are marked Browning on the right side of the magwell, commonly known as "Rogak" FALs, for the gentleman they were imported for. The "Rogak" rifles are not sear-cut.
THE source for all FAL related information
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:17:01 AM EDT
[#4]
The term "G series" is often used to describe what I call the "amnesty G" guns. Those are the guns which were exempted by serial number by court decision. THey were allowed to be imported and then found to be identical to the selective fire versions except for the selector.  There are lots of FAL rifles that have G prefix serial numbers that are not like that and it seems that they attract novelty attention because of the G serial number, but they are 100% semi auto rifles. Not all the Browning guns were brought in for/by Rogak. I have a type 2 Browning import gun that is marked "EJK DEVCO, TX" which was imported by Ed J Kline of Houston Texas in the Early 70s.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:10:32 AM EDT
[#6]
There are some sear cut FALs that were brought in the early 1980;s. These also had a semi ejector block installed. these are a bit cheaper in price.

Bill
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top