Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2002 7:51:40 AM EDT
Anybody have any remarks about the relative durability of these 2 materials?  Any serious problems with either?
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#1]
IMHO, if you have a HBAR, then the metal stocks are better because they help balance the rifle.  I have a Fiberlite one and I love it.  No problems.  I never even considered a metal one...
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:12:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the fiberlite. Like my Colt best.

Consider the effect of cold metal on your face in winter time when you make your choice.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:14:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Alu. Stock rattles a lot more then the fiberlite.  besides, no current service issue alu. stock any more.  fiberlite is the way to go.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I had an alum stock on mine, switched to a fiberite. The rattling kinda bugged me. The fiberite is lighter if you have to carry it any distance, and to boot its way cheaper. Based on practicality, the fiberite would be my choice.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#5]
The Fiberlite is more durable than the Aluminum version (hence the switch).  The Aluminum ones had a tendancy to shatter when struck hard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top