Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 2:22:45 PM EDT
My buddy has one it doesnt work, and he wants me to help him fix.  I havent fired it or seen it fired, but when you dry fire it, it makes a very week sprong sound.  Much weaker than other guns I have dry fired. as everything else seems to function fine I think that the spring fo rthe striker is weak.  I am guessing these are striker fired as we havent gotten into it yet and the Tec-9 has never been anything I was interested in learning anything about.  So if anyone could shed some light on the subject I would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Broken firing pin,  seems like going rate is 29.95 easy fix not much to them, we always called them jam-o-matics but really I dont see how it could have much problem feeding and extracting.  Acuuracy I could see a real problem with.  still have no desire for one.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:19:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I went through several of them trying to find one that would work. Look up "Shit" in the dictionary and you will see a picture of the Tec 9.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:02:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting, I had one before 1994 and it always fed just fine with even the cheapest Egyptian surplus.  Accuracy also wasn't bad either.  You could easily hit a man sized target at 100 yds.  Not bad for the pressed steel sights.  Then again...remember that this was a $150 pistol and not a Kimber.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:15:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Buddy of mine has one too.
Lots of FT fire - might have the same problem yours does.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Interesting, I had one before 1994 and it always fed just fine with even the cheapest Egyptian surplus.  Accuracy also wasn't bad either.  You could easily hit a man sized target at 100 yds.  Not bad for the pressed steel sights.  Then again...remember that this was a $150 pistol and not a Kimber.

Mine works fine, too. But I do need to get a new recoil buffer since mine's wearing out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Not to be rude, I have problems hitting things with it at 10 yd.  You say 100 with no problems????
The "sprong" is the normal sound it makes dryfiring.  I also had to replace the firing pin in mine.  I eventually realized that I could do the same thing better and cheaper with my G19 and several 30 rounders.  The best part is - its glock and will not jam, I can put night sights on it and I can carry it as CCW.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:55:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Yup.  Benchrest the thing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I had one where the spring was weak also.  They are a blast.  Mine was dead on reliable with ball ammo.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:23:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I suppose that could happen  

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:57:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Look up "Shit" in the dictionary and you will see a picture of the Tec 9.

+1

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not saying it's a great weapon by any stretch, it is a $150 pistol and from my experience, it functioned just fine and shot reasonably well from the benchrest.  I'm just curious how many people here have actually owned one rather than recounting a "I heard from a friend of a cousin of a former-roommate's brother" story.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm not saying it's a great weapon by any stretch, it is a $150 pistol and from my experience, it functioned just fine and shot reasonably well from the benchrest.  I'm just curious how many people here have actually owned one rather than recounting a "I heard from a friend of a cousin of a former-roommate's brother" story.

My buddy owns one.
Sights are crude, trigger is rough.
But it is servicably accurate.
I don't see any reason why you couldn't hit a man sized target benchrested from 100 yards.
The real problem with the tech 9s is the mags.
The mags absolutly suck.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Peice of shit.....dont waste your time
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for your valuable insight.  I didnt ask what your opinion was, I am looking for help to fix a friends gun, thats all my opinion and your opinion of this POS Tec-9 wont fix shit for him.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:23:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I had several in the early 90s and had the same experience. They looked like crap but functioned well and were reasonably accurate.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:31:33 AM EDT
[#17]
It was my first AW.  Mine is dead-on reliable, and fun to shoot.  Accuracy was OK, but I never actually tried to do any real target shooting with it.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I worked out a carbine conversion kit for a Tec-9 a few years ago. Thought maybe it might make a Tec-9, a poor mans MP5. Uses a AR collapsible butt stock and 16" barrel. I might finish the R&D sometime when I'm bored.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#19]
The Tec 9 is a stright up gangsta gat!!  It is one of the most evilistic looking pistols out there.  It was mentioned by name in the Clinton AWB.  The political incorrectness factor is very appealing.  I got to get me one some day.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:01:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Have shot many rounds thru my buddy's, no problems at all. Kinda feel like I am robbing a bank or am angry at my co-workers at the P.O. when im knocking of 50 rounds of 9mm in 8 seconds...
LOL
-jls7
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:44:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The Tec 9 is a stright up gangsta gat!!  It is one of the most evilistic looking pistols out there.  It was mentioned by name in the Clinton AWB.  The political incorrectness factor is very appealing.  I got to get me one some day.

+1

And the reason I bought one.
Works well enough for my purpose, FUN, and pissing off liberals.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

And the reason I bought one.
Works well enough for my purpose, FUN, and pissing off liberals.

nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/album03/Tec_9.jpg

+2

pissing off liberals.....priceless
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I live in The Peoples Republic of Washington, so there are libs all over the place.  I can't excape them!  They call me crazy because I shoot trees, not hug them!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I live in The Peoples Republic of Washington, so there are libs all over the place.  I can't excape them!  They call me crazy because I shoot trees, not hug them!

Don't shoot the DAMN TREES!  They didn't do anything to you and it only serves to make us look like jackasses.  We have an area in OR that might be closed down because of people shooting the hell out of the trees.  Use real targets or shoot into dirt if you just wanna blast away.

I don't know shit about Tec-9's except that they suck.  We had some clown show up to a Practical match with one.  I don't think he fired three rounds between jams.  That said, If I did know how to fix it, I would help you out.  No sense having any gun that doesn't work.  Hope you guys get it fixed and have some fun scaring the hell out of libs!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:45:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Yeah I know, I'm just a bad man who puts his targets on trees.  I'll confess, I shot down a small tree at my uncles. I think I hurt its feelings.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
We had some clown show up to a Practical match with one.  I don't think he fired three rounds between jams.  That said, If I did know how to fix it, I would help you out.  No sense having any gun that doesn't work.

LOL

MTNmyMag, try Russian steel cased 9mm.  They work the best on tec-9s.  And stay away from JHP and use only 115 gr.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top