Link Posted: 3/17/2013 4:27:19 PM EDT
Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 4:35:09 PM EDT
Great video! I really enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 4:58:00 PM EDT
Nice
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 5:22:51 PM EDT
Cool! Nice vid.

I still wish I could see a fully disassembled tavor. After seeing the slow motion video, it seems that the barrel whips quite a bit in relation to the handguard. I take this as a sign that it is fully freefloated without any major contact points further down the barrel. Is this the case? (I'm just guessing.)

Is that storage in the bottom of the grip?

What is prone shooting like?

Is there a chunk of steel imbedded in the stock for serialization or is there a separate piece that is considered the receiver?

The only thing that bugs me is that the picatinny rails have a lightening cut. At very least it would have been nice to have a full lug every once in a while on the rail. There is a whole slew of accessories/mounts that don't work with picatinny rails lightened in this manner. (Larue being one of them.)
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:00:26 PM EDT
Stop teasing me
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:34:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2013 6:34:39 PM EDT by Swat_dude]
Great video!! Makes me even more excited to get mine.

Mac, have you seen the video where the guy drops the mag with his strong hand? He breaks his grip slightly and hits the mag release with the back of his wrist while going for another mag with his left hand at the same time. Did you ever try that with the rifle?
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:52:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Swat_dude:
Great video!! Makes me even more excited to get mine.

Mac, have you seen the video where the guy drops the mag with his strong hand? He breaks his grip slightly and hits the mag release with the back of his wrist while going for another mag with his left hand at the same time. Did you ever try that with the rifle?

I show that to some degree in the video where I'm answering viewers questions about the rifle (just after the suppressor). Yes, I can do that if I break my grip and extend my thumb while pulling my hand rearward.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:16:50 PM EDT
Great vid. Begging my dealer to get one in for me if he can.

Having owned an STG-556 my one question is, is it narrower than an AUG type rifle or an FS2000?
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:43:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Salmonaxe:

The only thing that bugs me is that the picatinny rails have a lightening cut. At very least it would have been nice to have a full lug every once in a while on the rail. There is a whole slew of accessories/mounts that don't work with picatinny rails lightened in this manner. (Larue being one of them.)

Thats funny. @ 13:02 in the video you can see him shooting a Larue mount. How can that be?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:29:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2013 8:30:15 AM EDT by vmpglenn]
Originally Posted By hkmp5s:

Originally Posted By Salmonaxe:

Thats funny. @ 13:02 in the video you can see him shooting a Larue mount. How can that be?

The rail erodes the LaRue mount's recoil lug over time. It's worst on shotguns or rifles with fairly high recoil, but it does happen over time on all rifles with that cut through the picatinney rail. Of course, a few shots with the LaRue mounted won't show any adverse effects.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:45:14 AM EDT
Do 20 round pmags work ?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:57:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jeff1304:
Do 20 round pmags work ?

I show you one being used in the video when I talk about accuracy. Yes, they work.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:22:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By vmpglenn:
The rail erodes the LaRue mount's recoil lug over time. It's worst on shotguns or rifles with fairly high recoil, but it does happen over time on all rifles with that cut through the picatinney rail. Of course, a few shots with the LaRue mounted won't show any adverse effects.

Learn something new every day. Will the American Defense Recon mount work?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:29:58 AM EDT
Excellent video, MAC, thanks for putting it out. I would like to see what the grip storage looks like as well.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:24:49 AM EDT
excellent review, MAC!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:30:09 AM EDT
Whoa, wish I hadn't seen that video ! Makes me want to get one now ! Seems like a pretty good rifle to add to the collection. I'd probably go with Flat Dark Earth, can't have too many rifles in just one color.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:55:49 PM EDT
Great vid.

If you run low on materials, I'm sure lotta folks here would help you out. Just gotta ask.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:47:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hkmp5s:

Originally Posted By vmpglenn:

Learn something new every day. Will the American Defense Recon mount work?

ADM uses an old school cross bar so yes it will be fine
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:26:02 PM EDT
Wish it had an adjustable gas system
Top Top