Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2003 6:16:24 AM EST
Have a chance to pick up some Taurus 92 mags at a good price - will they fit/work in a Beretta 92F?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:24:43 AM EST
I don't own either of those, but I have talked about this same thing before with several other shooting buddies. They say you just have to file down the slot on the mag where the pin that holds the mag in the gun engages. Then it should work.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:59:34 AM EST
I haved use 92FS mags to taurus. You can put them in but due to the difference in feeding angle, you can't feed in reliably.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 12:45:49 PM EST
NO! You can get a Taiwan 15rnd mag for $18 real good quality only a pro can tell these from the real mccoy.
GG
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:35:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/10/2003 6:41:13 PM EST by A_Free_Man]
The mag catch hole in the Taurus' mag is larger than the Beretta's.

The Taurus mag WILL fit and function in the Beretta.

The Beretta mag will work in the Taurus IF you enlarge the mag catch hole by lowering the bottom edge of the hole.

I have cut a new mag catch hole in a Sig P226 mag, and a slight mod to the follower (so that it would lock open the slide on last round) and had it function just fine in both a Beretta 92F and Taurus PT92F and PT99F.

Other than the size of the mag catch hole, the rest of the mag is the same, same spring, same follower, from the Taurus to the Beretta.

---
BTW, I prefer the Taurus over the Beretta due to its better safety location (mounted on the frame, not the slide). Much better location, more natural working. My personal carry pistol is a PT99F with Pac grips, mag release button switched to the right side (for easy operation with my right middle finger). Stock recoil spring, but mag springs are all Wolff +10's. Galco Combat Master holster. Never a malfuntion with Taurus or Beretta mags (nor with the modified Sig mag I use for practice). Only malfuntions were with some Ramline mags I tried once.
Top Top