Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 1:40:22 PM EDT
To start, I have one of the Rhineland Arms SD style stocks that I replaced the retractable stock with a M4 style stock.....I love this gun.

I saw the new Tapco stock and thought it would be a good addition to one of my extra 10/22s (one I have waiting for a second RA SD stock....good luck on that). Ordered it, received it....it seemed o.k., a few rough spots, but it was pretty sturdy. I put it all together and it seemed a little uncomfortable....not bad, but something didn't seem right to me. The pistol grip was too close to the trigger for my liking, and something with the relation of the buttstock and pistol grip seemed odd...still can't figure that out.

When all was said and done, it seemed like I had 2 very similar 10/22s but one was WAY better in my opinion. I have multi ARs that are very similar as well, but this bugged me for some reason. Long story short, I am sending the Tapco stock back tomorrow. I'll use the money for something else gun related.

Moral of the story....the stock was O.K., but just o.k.....in my opinion. Not worth $100 to me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the review.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I too ordered the tapco stock... but I actually like it. For $99 bucks it aint bad. I also ordered enough stuff to get the free tapco knife! It was easy to install and seems like a good deal.

I don't have a rhineland arms stock yet - so I don't have the same basis for comparison. My opinion might change if I had that or the evolution stock.

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#3]

My opinion might change if I had that or the evolution stock.

This is just it, I basically had 2 very similar set ups.....and for me, side by side, the RA setup was just more of what I wanted.....and the $100 just seemed better spent elsewhere. It may also have been a partial timing issue because right after ordering the stock, I got my 2 form 1s to SBR came back from my Sheriff.....so I kinda needed more funds.

WoW.....more then anyone ever wanted to know there...haha.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top