Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 5:25:48 AM EDT
I'm currently selling an Colt 6520 conversion to get a Colt LE6920, but after reading a thread here I checked out a link to DSA and really liked what I saw.  I've toyed with a factory FN FAL 50.00 at a local shop and thought about getting one, but never really settled on what I wanted.  I've been thinking about it for a while and might get the FAL in place of the AR.  It would leave me without an AR until the summer but I think I can deal with it.   Talk me into it... Should I go without an AR until summer or should I wait and get this later?

DSA STG58 Para Carbine
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:51:45 AM EDT
[#1]
get the dsa, you wont be dissapointed.  i used to be a ar15 guy, i mean i still own several and still shoot them.  but the fal is by far my new favorite.  awesome design and dsa is well made.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:53:11 AM EDT
[#2]
This should be all you need...

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=155028

Plus, as another forum member pointed out on a different thread; if you're already posting it here, you don't need any more convincing.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:12:23 AM EDT
[#3]
As a former M1A and AR10 owner, I can say that this rifle has been worth every penny I spent. IMO, there is no better .308/7.62x51 rifle out there in this pricerange, with these features, this level of reliability and such inexpensive/abundent magazines.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:21:11 AM EDT
[#4]
It would make a nice counterpart to my HK-91.  Thats a fine looking rifle.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:31:38 AM EDT
[#5]
BB,
My link was to your thread on FAL files
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#6]
BUY THE DSA CARBINE, BUY THE DSA CARBINE, YOU'll LOVE IT
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#7]
You will be the envy of all on the range!

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I have owned many AR 15 rifles . They are nice and I will always own one . I have had a few HK 91 rifles but traded them off for tactical bolt rifles . I traded for a FAL and fell in love with them . They are the best deal out there on a 308 battle rifle . I have a Para folder and 2 G1 rifles. The AR now seems flimsley and delicate after owning and firing the FAL . The HK I could never realy get used to the sights and the fact that I could own 3-4 FAL type rifles in its place . Just get it ! I promise you will not be disappointed. I have all Imbel receivers on mine but have always wanted a DSA but I realy don't think it matters as far as quality between the 2 brands they are both equal in my eyes . Go DSA for resale because they have a great reputation and name . Just go get it . I keep the AR 15 for sentimental reasons and that is the only reason other than it is fun to bolt accessories to it . A FAL is all that it is in it's raw form needs no accessories , it is truly a battle rifle and is best left alone . You put accessories on your Harley, your wife , and your AR but your FAL is a tool built for battle. The only thing I would add to a FAL is a cool camo job and that it is it . This is just my opinion and I am sure others feel different about it but you asked not them so I put in my .02.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I absolutely love my DSA SA-58 carbine. Cool 16" barrel, accurate, easy to clean, reliable, ect. etc. Not a single bad thing to say, my favorite of any gun I own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top