Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
7/8/2020 3:01:36 PM
Posted: 1/26/2014 9:45:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2014 10:12:28 PM EDT by Master_Blaster]
In light of certain developments, I've decided to finally take the plunge & get some cans.  Probably, I won't realistically be able to afford more than 2, so I'm going to splurge for a .45 HG can & rifle can.  Therefore, I verily seeketh advice & opinions:

On the HG side, it's down to Silencer Co. Osprey v. AAC TiRant.  The former offers sight clearance, but the latter can be partly disassembled for cleaning & has an NSN (ie. tested & proven).  Both seem to have great reputations, so I have to

Rifle-wise, it's the SCo. Saker 762 v. SF SOCOMRC 762.  I had been leaning towards the former, but again, the SF NSN status demonstrates proven performance.  It may seem funny, but at this point, I'm finding my comparisons coming down to which offers the better mounting system.  Both employ compression for lockup, which seems to be the best method for QD mounting.  I like that the 215 doesn't have any teeth or whatnot, although as such, the Trifecta has only 4 "nubs".  I did hear that SCo. will be making a MAAD SF mount option for the Saker, which makes it more appealing in that regard, although it is slightly heavier.  If I can manage to swing it, I might even go for a dedicated 5.56 can, but the universality of the 7.62 makes a more sense otherwise.  for those that have sampled or own both, I'd like to hear opinions comparing the Trifecta & SF 215 mounts, about which you feel might have the edge, & why.

Regards.

ETA: Multi-vote poll added.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:00:01 PM EDT
Poll needs more Octane. And I voted for SF.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:22:18 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
Poll needs more Octane. And I voted for SF.
View Quote

What about HG?  I set up the poll so you can vote more than once.

Sorry about the low-budget poll.  I'm just seeking straight advice.  I'll get fancy some day (next yr?) when I can take possession & post photos.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:32:29 PM EDT
The Octane, Osprey, or TiRant will all serve you well on a .45 handgun.  Personal preference...take your pick.  They all are the leading edge of .45 suppressors right now and other than maybe one of Liberty's cans (not even sure on this one)...the only ones that will be hearing safe when shot dry.  For rifle...If you're buying now I'd lean towards the SF 7.62 Socom RC, just because you should be able to find one in stock.  The 7.62 Saker won't be on the shelves of dealers for a while, increasing your wait time.  At least not until the F3's clear and SiCo can start shipping them, and assuming a dealer local to you gets some in.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:34:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:36:09 AM EDT
Poll needs a rimfire can...

1. SpecWar 7.62 or YHM can (save the Saker762 money and get a .22 can)
2. Octane 45
3. Spectre II
Top Top