Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/30/2009 11:14:07 PM EST
Hi

I have a Remington 870 Wngmaster and I was just wondering if any of you know if the 6 round sidesaddle from Tacstar would be comptable with the Surefire frontend without modifying a thing? I nice "drop-in" piece as such.

Or would should I just play it safe and get the 4 round sidesaddle?
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:14:43 AM EST
I have a TacStar 6rd and a Surefire 618LFG on my 870P and everything drops right in with no mods necessary. It would be no different on a Wingmaster, Express, or Tactical 870.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:30:29 AM EST
Thanks so much.

I just saw the 6 round sidesaddle came flush with the receiver. So I was worried that the front-end might need to go over the receiver a bit and thus would require some modifications eg. made shorter or wider to accomudate it.

I have this pet hate about modifying stuff. Stupid I guess but I hate any modifaction that is permanent. If I want to I should be able to revert the firearms to the stock standard condition I bought it at. However on somethings this cannot be avoided in which case I really debate if I need it for practical reasons or just to be tacticool

6 round sidesaddle it will be then.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 5:58:00 AM EST
You will ether have to cut down the left side of your forend or replace it completely with a shorter one that will not bang against the sidesaddle if you want to go with the 6-round.

The 4-round will work without any modification.

Personally, I would just cut down half of the forend and have the extra 2 shells.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:21:09 AM EST
Originally Posted By LoadedDrum:
I have a TacStar 6rd and a Surefire 618LFG on my 870P and everything drops right in with no mods necessary. It would be no different on a Wingmaster, Express, or Tactical 870.

Same here. The Tactstar bracket still leaves enough space for the Surefire.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:11:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By Hendricks5150:
You will ether have to cut down the left side of your forend or replace it completely with a shorter one that will not bang against the sidesaddle if you want to go with the 6-round.

Personally, I would just cut down half of the forend and have the extra 2 shells.

You must be thinking of the side saddle with the standard sporter forend. The OP was asking if the 6rd would get in the way of a Surefire Forend.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 2:17:50 PM EST
Originally Posted By LoadedDrum:
Originally Posted By Hendricks5150:

You must be thinking of the side saddle with the standard sporter forend. The OP was asking if the 6rd would get in the way of a Surefire Forend.

Whoops

I believe the surefire forend will fit perfectly without any modification

Link Posted: 8/24/2009 6:28:55 PM EST
I have this exact set-up on my Mossberg 500, the surefire forgrip is smaller than most stock fore grips so I don't know why it wouldn't fit.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:08:54 AM EST
Nice. Thanks for the info. Now i can buy it with piece of mind.
Now to import the suckers. Those surefire front-ends do not come cheap. With duties and tax it's almost more than what I paid for the Remington 870.
Top Top