Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 6:40:09 PM EDT
I'm wanting to buy a vest and am wondering if there is any advantage or disadvantages to getting a plate carrier vest with molle attachments?

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:26:21 PM EDT
do you want to run plates in your set up??

CXS
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:31:13 PM EDT
if your going to run rifle plates get a plate carrier, if your not get a chest rig or vest.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:34:37 PM EDT
I don't know for sure if i'll ever use plates but I like the idea of being able to if necessary. Will I have any disadvantages to using a plate carrier without the plates?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:40:10 PM EDT
Yes. The plate carrier will sag and not fit as intended without plates. See many of the reviews of the HSGI Wee/Wasatch that did not fit well when run without plates.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:21:26 PM EDT
SOME will sag. Not all.

Weesatch/Wasatch, very likely to yes.
Eagle Plate carrier, will not.
Tactical Tailor plate carrier, doesn't with me. I've not read any other reports one way or another.

TimW
Phoenix
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:21:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SilentMark:
I don't know for sure if i'll ever use plates but I like the idea of being able to if necessary. Will I have any disadvantages to using a plate carrier without the plates?

You're easier to hit?

Was it a trick question?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:28:17 AM EDT
i have a set of plates so you better believe that i am gonna have a plate carrier. i would suggest a plate carrier with plenty of molle attachment points if you want to run plates, if not then like they said just get a chest rig.
Top Top