Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2013 7:48:12 AM EST
Tactical Tailor's Removable Operator Pack is a popular pack due to it's adaptability as both a backpack, and an attachable sustainment pack. The pack is in the foliage green which is a neutral color and blends well in urban environments. The compact profile, size, and versatility of this pack makes it a good choice for 24 hour activities, and missions requiring additional gear. It can also be used as a emergency kit, which is how this pack is currently set up.

Additional items have been to show the pack's capabilities:

Manufacturer's Specs:

• Attaches to modular vests and packs or use as a stand alone assault pack

• Large main compartment with heavy duty dual pull zippers

• Zippered side entry front pocket

• Hydration pocket accepts 2 or 3L bladder (located inside strap stowage pocket)

• Concealed top port for routing of communication gear

• External webbing for attaching additional pouches

• Large carry handle

• External bungee system for lightweight clothing articles

• Stowable padded shoulder straps and sternum strap for use as a day pack

• 2 sets of attachment hardware are included

• 1000 denier Cordura nylon construction

Total Volume: 1,178.25 cu. in.

At 1178 cu in, this pack is right at the light assault pack category, which can sustain the user for a considerable amount of time. Any longer, a larger pack may be required:

The front of the pack features a large field of molle. Additional pouches like admin pouches to organize small sundry items or mag pouches, as well as small items can be attached. In addition to the molle, an adjustable bungee retention system makes quick access items like jackets or gloves an option to be stored externally. A patch of loop panel allows the user to attach name tapes or morale patches. My S.O liked this one in particular:

Both sides of the pack feature small areas of molle to attach additional pouches like water bottle holders, or general purpose pouches. I have added the 5.11 Tier Strap to this pack:

The shoulder straps are padded and wide, dispersing the weight of the load across the user's shoulders and upper chest. Elastic attachment points on the shoulder strap allow the user to route hydration hoses, or attach additional items like pouches or flashlights. The straps also include an adjustable sternum strap. The pack's shoulder straps feature quick release buckles to stow the shoulder straps:

The shoulder straps can be stowed away in the panel compartment when attaching this pack to larger gear. The back panel features minimal padding, and does not have a system of airflow like channels or mesh. It is made of the same 1000D material as used throughout the pack.

The hydration compartment is separate from the sleeve the shoulder straps are stowed in. Hydration hoses are then routed up through the opening, and down through either shoulder straps:

There are two main storing compartments on this pack. The main compartment, as well as a the front pocket. The front pocket features a side zip, and has the ability to store items of volume, rather than a simple slip pocket. Quick stash items like MREs, gloves, or jackets can be stored while the main compartment can be used to store the heavier items. The zippers are YKK quality #10 zippers:

The ROP is a simple bomb proof backpack designed to withstand heavy use. The materials and stitching are well done, which is expected from a pack made in the U.S.A. What isn't expected from a U.S.A pack is the pack's price. The ROP is highly affordable, and go on sale regularly. It's versatility make it multifunctional, and while it does not have the desirable organization of an EDC or Daypack, it can still be used in those functions.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:01:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/14/2013 9:02:16 AM EST by caduckgunner]
The main problem with these packs in my option is the lack of ANY organization built into them at all, except for 2 bottle holders on the inside of the main compartment. Other than that, it's a good pack.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 11:43:14 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/14/2013 11:45:25 AM EST by 3one5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
The main problem with these packs in my option is the lack of ANY organization built into them at all, except for 2 bottle holders on the inside of the main compartment. Other than that, it's a good pack.
View Quote

I go back and forth on internal organization. The problem is finding organization that works for you. You really start limiting your selection. I've gone to using Kifaru Pull-Outs for organization. They have a variety of sizes, colors and materials making it easy to reach in to the pack and grab what you need without even needing to look.

This has also allowed me to quickly switch between bags when needed.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:50:21 PM EST
View Quote

And the lack of compression
And the stupid water bladder considerations
And the fact that it hangs 6" too low

In short the only things on the plus side are

It's made well (but wrong)
It attaches and detaches easily
It's multicam
It's a backpack

I sold mine.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:45:50 PM EST
Originally Posted By 3one5:

I go back and forth on internal organization. The problem is finding organization that works for you. You really start limiting your selection. I've gone to using Kifaru Pull-Outs for organization. They have a variety of sizes, colors and materials making it easy to reach in to the pack and grab what you need without even needing to look.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I think you guys forget that these aren't book bags. They are military oriented bags. Other than a few little things like places to tie down sensitive items or the occasional extra pocket inside, I've never seen "organization" built into a military ruck or bag. They leave them open to pack more in and To make it easy to take things out without them getting snagged.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:47:55 PM EST

I concur and I am getting tired of TT lack of innovation on their product line.

Sold mine as well.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:11:48 PM EST
Originally Posted By MiamiC70:

Sold mine as well.
View Quote

I've never cared for anything of theirs, especially their harnesses.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:39:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By MiamiC70:

Sold mine as well.
View Quote

I guess I don't see anyone doing anything different. In my opinion the TT pack is setup better than many of the other packs in this category.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:49:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/15/2013 7:10:29 AM EST by raf]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:51:12 AM EST
Originally Posted By ReconB4:

I think you guys forget that these aren't book bags. They are military oriented bags. Other than a few little things like places to tie down sensitive items or the occasional extra pocket inside, I've never seen "organization" built into a military ruck or bag. They leave them open to pack more in and To make it easy to take things out without them getting snagged.
View All Quotes

My camelbak Mule has organization built into the bottom from pocket. It's enough yo make a difference. That said, I've added a pouches to the side and one on the front, to add some organization to it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:42:36 AM EST

View All Quotes

Not sure if serious?

LBT, Eagle, Arc'teryx, and Eberlestock immediately come to mind.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:49:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By skyshark288:

Not sure if serious?

View All Quotes

Not sure if serious?

I guess I view these as more of a Escape and Evade type bag. Something small that attaches to your PC to carry a bladder and few other odds and ends. Not meant to be a 3 day assault pack.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:10:34 PM EST

I guess I view these as more of a Escape and Evade type bag. Something small that attaches to your PC to carry a bladder and few other odds and ends. Not meant to be a 3 day assault pack.
View All Quotes

Not sure if serious?

I don't think he was referring to you.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:35:49 PM EST
No, I know he wasn't. I didn't mean to quote that post.
Top Top