Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2006 3:53:24 PM EDT
thinking about getting some pouches from them but i wanted to hear some opinons on the malice molle system.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#1]
they work, and work well enough for the job they do.

just dont use a knife tip to disengage

EGG
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
they work, and work well enough for the job they do.

EGG

I agree, They work well enough, but, be advised..the smaller ones can be a real B**ch to remove IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
EGG

Funny you should mention that, I just stabbed myself in the thigh with a bayonet trying to remove a pair of small ones.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
All of mine worked great.  Get a couple extras, just in case, but nobody in my company who bought TT pouches had any problems with them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:35:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Great once they are on, putting them on is a pain though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:02:49 AM EDT
[#6]
They work great for me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had no problems.  Difficult to install translates to difficult to un-install, which is something good seeing as I don't want my pouches falling off.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Will they work with ALICE type pouches too?

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#10]
They work pretty well. I just used a couple to attach a Maxpedition M2 to my Fatboy S-type (the man-purse, not the motorcycle. ).
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

They were originally designed as a replacement for ALICE clips.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO WAY ARE THEY STRONG ENOUGH!

The Malice Clip is soft plastic, it is only strong when it is woven through rows of pals webbing (molle), I would never "rig" it to do something it wasnt designed to do (alice)
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#13]
um - yeah

you could use then with LC2 equipment, but it will be hard as the webbing slot tolerance vary from pouch to pouch.  About the only piece that consistently accepted the MALICE clip outright was the canteen cover.

in the meantime, how was it that MALICE clips were not strong enough?  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone that has difficulty with MALICE clips just hasn't put them on nor taken them off enough.  Some pouches and webbing make for a tighter weave, which takes longer to force the clip through sometimes, but it's the same process every single time.  If you mess with them long enough, they're very quick to take off.  They take a little longer to put on.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO WAY ARE THEY STRONG ENOUGH!

The Malice Clip is soft plastic, it is only strong when it is woven through rows of pals webbing (molle), I would never "rig" it to do something it wasnt designed to do (alice)

"Rig it"???  Where do you think the A.L.I.C.E. part of M.A.L.I.C.E. comes from?  Why do you think the short malice clips have two spots where they can bend, one that fits 3 rows of molle webbing and one that is designed to fit the ALICE pistol belt?  

The clips were -designed- to work on alice gear and were later 'rigged' to work with pals webbing.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:07:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:09:11 AM EDT
[#17]
I think the malice clips work just fine. In fact I really like them.
just a little practice and i could take pouches off pretty quick. putting them back on dose take a bit more time, but is still pretty quick in general.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I am curious to see when an alternative but compatible design will be offered by someone?  I have no problems with them as they are, but it just seems like they could use some competition since they are the only game in town.

Well, there are the 'normal' PALS/MOLLE nylon straps that are built into some pouches.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I always found them to be easier to use then the fabric/plastic straps that are sewn on to some pouches. The button always snagged on webbing for me. The locking tab can be a bitch to get disengaged though sometimes. No one in my unit has had any break on them yet. If you're that worried about them breaking and your shit falling off, you can just weave some 550 in too and tie it down.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:08:20 AM EDT
[#20]
You would really have to try to bust a malice clip off of a properly threaded MOLLE pouch.  

I doubt you could easily break one off of an ALICE pouch either.  They are tough.  

They are pretty easy to attach/unattach with some practice--and are WAAAY more secure than the stupid MOLLE strap and button arrangement, which I will not use.  

MALICE clips rock.  

Annnnd, anyone who thinks that the metal ALICE clips are stronger or better than MALICE, ummm, well, ummm, the word idiot comes to mind.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top