Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/4/2010 3:39:48 PM EDT
Is anyone running a Tru-Glo red dot on a M1A? Will it take the punishment of the 308?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:32:34 PM EDT
JMO Dont put a $50.00 optic on a $1500.00 rifle. Save your money and get an Aimpoint or EO Tech.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:51:17 AM EDT
There was an article in Gun World where Jan Libourel used one on top of a semi-auto shotgun and said he had no trouble at all.

My personal opinion though, is that you'd be throwing money away.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:54:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2010 10:55:47 AM EDT by patriotarmory223]
Originally Posted By agillig:
There was an article in Gun World where Jan Libourel used one on top of a semi-auto shotgun and said he had no trouble at all.

Well if a gun writer said so it must be true He was'nt by chance doing a write up for Tru- Glo was he?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:44:31 PM EDT
get the $30 one, shoot it a bunch and see, if it doesnt hold zero or breaks get a refund, or just accept the risk. i used one on an AR for a while, worked fine but i ended up returning it because arfcoms convinced me if its not aimpoint/eotech then its bound to fail
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:26:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By patriotarmory223:

Well if a gun writer said so it must be true He was'nt by chance doing a write up for Tru- Glo was he?

Did you miss the part where I said he'd be throwing money away?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:50:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By patriotarmory223:

Did you miss the part where I said he'd be throwing money away?

No, i did not miss that part. I guess you did not detect the sarcasim in my response.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:22:47 PM EDT
I have a Truglo (TG8040DC) 40mm on my 870 super mag Turkey shotgun. So far (only one year) I have not had a problem with the Turglo and that is shooting 3 1/2 with a 2 oz load (more recoil than a .458 win mag). I have no experience with the Truglo other than on my shotgun.
Top Top