Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2012 12:48:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/5/2012 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Great write up!

Humor us... What would they cost IF we could buy them?
Link Posted: 12/5/2012 2:04:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Great write up!

Humor us... What would they cost IF we could buy them?

No Easy Day says they are $65,000

Not sure if that is retail or GOV price
Link Posted: 12/5/2012 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#3]
$65K?  I hope they offer free shipping.
Link Posted: 12/5/2012 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/5/2012 5:13:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Dear Santa...

So, Chip, what makes these worth so much more (monetarily) than 2 pairs of ANVIS? I know NV stuff has massive overheads and is costly to produce, but I'm curious as to why a 4 tube system costs as much as 8-10 tubes worth of binos. Do they use a proprietary super low production volume tube? Or is this a case of "they'll pay this much so we'll charge this much"?

Can't wait until this tech filters down to us peasants.

Ok, BTW, IM out
Link Posted: 12/5/2012 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$65K?  I hope they offer free shipping.

For that price, they are hand delivered by a Penthouse Pet

Kidding.  Let's just say they cost more than a BMW 3-series and less than a 5-series.  They ain't cheap.  Either way, I can't afford the car or the goggles, so I try not to think about it.

You know, if my boss had both, I'd just borrow them and find a Penthouse Pet to come along for the ride...

Then again, seeing your artwork, I am thinking that you may have already tried that approach.

Nice pics, nice write-up. Thanks for the article Chip :)

David
Link Posted: 12/5/2012 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Great write up. Looks like the mount is a home run, too. I assume the helmet bracket is the same as the new Army bracket?  Is there an equivalent BNVS version? Would it be available to consumers?

Any chance of a comparison to the pvs21? I've seen mention of a tnvc review of those goggles but havent been able to find it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2012 3:40:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/6/2012 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a 2011 M3 Coupe w/ performance package I'd be willing to trade. The Penthouse Pet can stay with me free of charge.

great review.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 12:18:03 AM EDT
[#10]
It is possible to get a picture of what the separate tube assemblies look like when "removed and operated as independent handheld viewers"?
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 4:52:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I ask for a set of these goggles for Christmas but my wife said no!  
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 5:06:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I ask for a set of these goggles for Christmas but my wife said no!  

Ditto that, I will have to settle for a FLIR LS-64 instead...
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 9:03:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I can be compelled to any type of mission needed for TNVC for any set of dual tube night vision.  Have gun will travel.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I didn't like the PNVGs when we got them, and the GPNVG is heavier since the 16mm tubes used on the original PNVG have gone the way of the Dodo.

I can't imagine wearing on of these on my head for hours at a time.

Great Photos though, better than L-3's marketing dept.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#16]
They're only about 3oz heavier then a set of PVS7's, and you get more then double the fov. Furthermore they are symetrically balanced vs a monocular system so the weight is shared bilaterally on your neck muscles.

I'm confident that yhe end users with these have a plethora of NV options, and if mission duration or altitude (ergo weight) are issues, they can select pvs15's, or dual Mum's, or even single mum or pvs14's. If you know you're headed straighy away to the bad guys lair and plan on fighting inside, under goggles, (like the ubl raid)  where either you or they are all going to be dead within minutes, then the strain is probably less of a factor. Let em hang around your neck until the chopper arrives at the LZ, and take them off again, once the site is cleared. UBL raid occured in less then an hour with boots on the ground, and for most of that time the site was fully secured and clear of enemy combatants.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top