Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2022 8:30:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:37:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LDS_Prepper] [#1]
David Gillmore - This was my first class with TNVC. What an amazing staff. They were knowledgeable and patient. Safety was utmost in their minds.
The intro PowerPoint was a great history and introduction to NV technology.
The hunted/hunter event that followed was quite eye opening.
NV is a game changer. A very powerful force multiplier.
The staff helped us understand and showed us where white light or IR might work better. Everything is situation based. Major take a ways were
1. See don't just look.
2. Communicate verbally and physically with team members.
3. NV is amazing.

I look forward to Night Fighter 201.
Thanks for a great experience guys.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Night Fighter 101
AAR. 3 main takeaways
1. Pvs14 is incredibly capable and an excellent choice
2. Night vision isn't the end all be all system but is just another skill to add to your toolbox
3. Practice practice practice. Added complexity from turning stuff on, light discipline, laser discipline, adjusting gain, focusing your goggle, etc. Little things that aren't that aren't that hard but easy to get jumbled in the dark.

Long version:
Overall the class was great. Instructors were professional, courteous, knowledgeable, and patient. Safety was paramount and enforced well. The class was majority leo and military, and the first class I've been in when a majority of people had silencers and legit gear. The class began with a PowerPoint presentation going over the history of night vision and the technology behind it. After some gear review and safety, we played hide and seek in a church building using both white light and night vision. Very informative to see pros and cons of both. Depth perception or the lack of under nods was a big deal while navigation around chairs, pianos, stairs, desks, etc.

After that was on the range shooting paper targets with both pistol and rifle. Red dot pistol under nods is incredibly easy. We did passive and active aiming with our rifles as well as white light and learned when one works better than the other and vice versa. We learned the techniques for manipulating your firearm by feel only, such as reloads, press checks, etc. Working as a team was introduced and practiced. It followed a crawl, walk, run format by introducing concepts in the daylight hours, practicing them, then running it again under nods at night. It was definitely one of the best classes I've been too and I'm much more confident in myself and my gear now. Highly recommend the course.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top