Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2006 9:35:06 PM EDT
thinking of getting one...or an Eagle PC..what are the pros and cons ?

thanks

Link Posted: 10/5/2006 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a TAG plate carrier.  Their old one.  I love it and plan to get their new design when I get the cash.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 4:56:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Review and pics of the TAG over at Lightfighter.
lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9046084761/m/2521054042
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 5:27:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Someone please tell me where I can find the new version (TAG Modular Plate Carrier) in coyote in stock.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/7/2006 1:22:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Someone please tell me where I can find the new version (TAG Modular Plate Carrier) in coyote in stock.

Thanks.

www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/fighting/fighting0082.gif

Everywhere. In 60 to 90 days.

That's going to be your wait, straight from the horse's mouth at TAG.
Link Posted: 10/8/2006 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one on the way...
Link Posted: 10/9/2006 4:02:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have one on the way...

Well since you have one waiting, I'll just be cruel and show you mine.

Link Posted: 10/9/2006 6:56:16 AM EDT
[#7]
very nice... is that the new TAG coyote color ?
Link Posted: 10/9/2006 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
very nice... is that the new TAG coyote color ?

Yes, that is the Coyote.  I love it.  I got to put it through its paces last Friday for the first time fully loaded out, and I couldn't have been more impressed.
Link Posted: 10/9/2006 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#9]
are you running any plates ? will 10x12 fit ?
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I'm not running plates yet, but 10x12 will fit from everything I've read.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

My kejo 10x12 plates are swimming in my TAG PC.  I don't have bigger plates to experiment with and I haven't bothered to measure the pockets.
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 3:54:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I was under the impression that the TAG pockets could be adjusted to fit the plates.  No?
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 6:37:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I was under the impression that the TAG pockets could be adjusted to fit the plates.  No?

I do believe on the new TAG PC.
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 7:51:24 AM EDT
[#14]
The new AND old should be adjustable...
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I was just at the TAG store outside of Fort Bragg today.  They had coyote plate carriers in stock.. maybe 5 of them.  I couldn't tell you if its the old or new style.  You guys looking for one might want to look them up.  Oh yeah, they were $150
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

They adjust vertically only.  My kejo 10x12 plates are basically swimming in my TAG new version PC.

Mine's for sale in the EE.  I'm not selling because of dissatisfaction, just looking for something different.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 2:04:31 AM EDT
[#17]
What is the diff between the old and new TAG design?

Back to OG question, TAG or EAGLE?

TAG

or

EAGLE w/ Cummerbund

How do either of these units adjust on the sides? Do i have to run a plate in the front and rear to balance weight? I only have 1 plate and intend to use it in the front. Will this effect the fitment oe either?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:21:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

www.tacticalassaultshop.com/big/t159.jpg
TAG

or

www.eagleindustries.com/images/prodimages/P_PC_W_C_MS.jpgwww.eagleindustries.com/images/prodimages/P_PC_W_C_MS_Rear.jpg
EAGLE w/ Cummerbund

How do either of these units adjust on the sides? Do i have to run a plate in the front and rear to balance weight? I only have 1 plate and intend to use it in the front. Will this effect the fitment oe either?

The TAG PC adjusts in the back with velcro under the flap. You raise the flap up and adjust the side pieces in or out to give you the proper fit. The sides velcro closed under the side flaps. The pictured elastic in the back provides tension.

The Eagle PC adjusts in the back as well, inside the tunnel that the cummerbund goes through, using either regular cord or shock cord (can't remember which) that laces the two havles of the cummerbund together. It closes in the front, with velcro under the flap.

As far that the balance issues, I couldn't tell you. Never ran one of these. But i'm betting that with a single plate up front, it will be a little out of balance. I'm hoping that, at least on the Eagle, the design of the sides and the way the rig fits would help with this. Wees and Woos sag pretty bad with no plates, and are only moderately better with only one, but I think it's due entirely to the strap closure arrangement, and floating back panel.

Only way to know for sure is to try it out. If it doesn't work for you. I promise that you'll have no problem selling off either one.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:46:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

www.tacticalassaultshop.com/big/t159.jpg
TAG

or

www.eagleindustries.com/images/prodimages/P_PC_W_C_MS.jpgwww.eagleindustries.com/images/prodimages/P_PC_W_C_MS_Rear.jpg
EAGLE w/ Cummerbund

The old PC had the pals ladders a little offset, so that there was some complaints that you couldn't balance your front pouches as well.  It also had a fastex buckle on each side for putting it on and limited adjustment.  Supposedly you couldn't adjust the PC very well for smaller girthed individuals.  This info is based on a thread at lightfighter.com.

I owned a new version TAG PC (just sold it on the EE), it has A LOT of adjustment ability.  
The bottom of the back (hard to see in the picture) is a flap that each side of the vest with the elastic can be adjusted in or out from under the flap.
You can also use the front of the side attachments to adjust under the wings (you can see a pull tab at the bottom of the side/front of the vest),  so that if you go from a coat to no coat,etc you can immediately adjust the girth, without doffing the vest.

The Eagle PC adjusts under the back tunnel of the vest with 550 cord.  Many people switch it out to shock cord (VERY good idea).

Only you can answer if the vest would be off balance too much.  At least I'd get a water pouch, because I would try to balance it up a little.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:14:55 AM EDT
[#20]
my new TAG is very well balanced (no plates yet though)

here is a pic courtesy from DSG ARMS for the new coyote color from TAG

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They adjust vertically only.  My kejo 10x12 plates are basically swimming in my TAG new version PC.

Was this in the new version? How much "swimming", in inches, were they doing?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was this in the new version? How much "swimming", in inches, were they doing?

I didn't measure the amount, IIRC it was about 1" on each side or maybe a little less.
This was with rectangular plates like I mentioned above.

Yes, It was the new version.  I just sold it in the EE.  I didn't sell it out of dissatisfaction, I was just looking to replace it w/ something else.

Quality is top notch, made in USA and it is very comfortable and has an excellent amount of adjustment to fit many sizes of people.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 1:43:12 AM EDT
[#23]
No D-Ring on the TAG shoulder straps? WTF? That's kinda weird. Im sure there is someway to add one so I can use my Gear Sector ASP-V Sling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top