Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2017 1:13:58 PM EDT
Is this thing any good?   I know it is expensive, but from what I have seen it looks legit.   Does anyone have one?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the smaller version and it's definitely good to go.  Tad gear is expensive but quality gear in my book.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:21:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the EDC. Has been my go to pack since 2012ish, with thousands of miles worth of travel in the Middle East, Europe, and the US. It's been tossed around in baggage terminals, airplanes, and helicopters, seen thousands of miles of highway on my motorcycle, been stuffed to the brim with magazines for the range/classes, etc. No sign of wear.

I've thought about buying a second one just so I have color options.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone figured out a good waist belt to run with it?  And does TAD sell them anywhere online other than their website?  They don't have the black fabric available for some reason
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#4]
EDC comes with a belt. Don't know of anywhere else to buy them. They only do a small run of all their gear at a time.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is this thing any good?   I know it is expensive, but from what I have seen it looks legit.   Does anyone have one?
View Quote
I have a seven year old multicam one that has seen the world,  survived multiple deployments and is my EDC bag to this day. I can't recommend this bag enough.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess I'm the only one that didn't like mine.
I ordered the FAST pack litespeed and accidentally received the EDC. TAD's mistake, and they offered to just let me keep it for my trouble.  I said "wow" and I did.

My biggest gripe was the way the shoulder straps attached to the top of the pack and adjusted.  I quickly looked at their site just now to see that they've completely abandoned this design and the current style looks much more plush and stable.
The straps on mine would constantly lose adjustment and the pack would end up riding too low on my back.  Mine had a hip belt (i see the current model does not) and the hip belt was easily removable which was nice. There were plenty of times when I didn't want the hip belt.

After a while mine got relegated to SHTF or hunting use only, and even for hunting it was too big.  Eventually a sold it because I thought it was just too tacticool and I use a Goruck daily now.

Saying all this though the current design looks pretty nice, and TAD does build nice stuff.
However, when a lot of their manufacturing started silently working it's way over to China and their sizing started catering to the extra medium, I moved on to other brands.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered the FAST pack litespeed and accidentally received the EDC. TAD's mistake, and they offered to just let me keep it for my trouble.  I said "wow" and I did.

My biggest gripe was the way the shoulder straps attached to the top of the pack and adjusted.  I quickly looked at their site just now to see that they've completely abandoned this design and the current style looks much more plush and stable.
The straps on mine would constantly lose adjustment and the pack would end up riding too low on my back.  Mine had a hip belt (i see the current model does not) and the hip belt was easily removable which was nice. There were plenty of times when I didn't want the hip belt.

After a while mine got relegated to SHTF or hunting use only, and even for hunting it was too big.  Eventually a sold it because I thought it was just too tacticool and I use a Goruck daily now.

Saying all this though the current design looks pretty nice, and TAD does build nice stuff.
However, when a lot of their manufacturing started silently working it's way over to China and their sizing started catering to the extra medium, I moved on to other brands.
View Quote
This is the first I have heard of them moving manufacturing over to china.   I am looking for a pretty multi purpose bag.  I want to take it to the crag, loaded with my climbing rack and my rope take it out hog hunting, and to keep in my car as a get the heck home type bag.   Is the lightspeed too small for these kinds of tasks?    I cant quite get a good grasp of the size of the lightspeed.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the size of the litespeed, perfect hiking daypack and edc carry/ghb
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:40:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had one for about 5 years now and its bomb proof. I have used it backpacking, range bag, training, traveling, you name. I will be taking it to Afghanistan with me this year.

I really like the helmet carrier on the outside. Lots of pockets and places to organize. I was a little worried at the durability of the shoulder strap design but it has held up great.

They are pricey but worth it. When i bought mine it was between that and the mystery ranch tri-zip. I chose the TAD for the helmet carrier and all the pockets.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:45:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nope, I hate mine too.

I am big fan of TAD stuff, but that pack sucks.

Its ok for moving things really short distances, like from the house to your truck. Would I walk any distance with mine on my back NOPE. It sits really awkward on my back and shoulders. No matter how I tighten the straps, there's no real comfortable adjustment I found.

I don't even think I would use it in SHTF, unless I gave it to someone else that didn't have something.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Are you wanting the tactical look?  I use a 5.11 Rush 12 as an overnight bag and it fits the bill.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 2:20:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I've got a last gen in black I'mnot using. I got the current gen and haven't sold the older one. For my needs, it works well. Bimboroof construction. 
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:53:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've got a last gen in black I'mnot using. I got the current gen and haven't sold the older one. For my needs, it works well. Bimboroof construction. 
View Quote
Did you not like the previous model?
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Did you not like the previous model?
View Quote
I did like it; enough that i bought the newer version. The full clamshell opening was a big bonus for me; it was my daybag on deployment and i needed to crap things inside it. The full clamshell made life easier getting to things crammed into the bottom.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a fastpack litespeed as my precision rifle/dmr bag.

I believe I have the new style shoulder straps and I think they're very comfortable, but I've never tried the old style.

Overall the bag seems quality, and has held up well for the past year or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top