Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2013 4:33:34 PM EDT
So I have a Socom II on the way, and I've got a T1 laying around, so why not?  Its presently equipped with just the factory mount.  Anybody know what this will get me?  Is it necessary to change mounts?  I'm thinking I'll prefer full cowitness, having not seen the two in the same room together yet.  Anybody know which mount will accomplish that?
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Irons will be blocked with the factory scout rail.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm thinking I'll prefer full cowitness, having not seen the two in the same room together yet.
Anybody know which mount will accomplish that?

Replace the original mount and hand guard with either the UltiMAK M8 or M14.ca SHG and you will be able to co-witness irons through your T-1.

Link Posted: 7/1/2013 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you, I'll check out the UltiMAK.
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]
going through this same dilemma on my scout. this is another option people have mentioned to me

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=461
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 8:20:08 AM EDT
[#5]
You mean the
Midwest Industries M1A/M14 Mini Dot Mount for Aimpoint T1 Micro?
The way I read it offers lower 1/3 cowitness.  I wonder if that's gonna make me happy.  Its a lot cheaper way to go, but I'm used to full cowitness on my AR's and AK's, and given that the M1A sights are supposed to be some of the best out there, I'd hate to obscure them.  Anybody running this setup want to tell us about it?
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 5:43:23 AM EDT
[#6]
yeah. I cant find anyone currently running the setup.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Utilmak is the way to go, IMO.

I ran an H1 and Ultimak for a while before I sold the gun and the H-1 (separately)
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Utilmak is the way to go, IMO.

I ran an H1 and Ultimak for a while before I sold the gun and the H-1 (separately)
View Quote

got any pics?
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 7:28:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Second on the pics, please. My socom will be enroute soon and Ihave my Ultimak.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Only 1 I took before selling the M8. I've got a MI RMR mount now. I moved the RMR to the rifle after 1 magazine on a suppressed FNP covered the lens in powder residue.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Not to 'jack but how does the m8 attach? To the barrel or the stock?
Tia
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 6:01:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Replaces the handguard and clamps to the barrel.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks again, man!
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#14]
so your running a trijicon rmr with the midwest setup now? haha can i bug you for a pic of that? i was going to do the MI/T1 mount
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
so your running a trijicon rmr with the midwest setup now? haha can i bug you for a pic of that? i was going to do the MI/T1 mount
View Quote

Here
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:57:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Has anyone "cooked" an optic from attaching to the barrel or too close to the barrel? The Midwest Ind. mount attaches directly to the barrel and looks like it get too hot...
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Has anyone "cooked" an optic from attaching to the barrel or too close to the barrel? The Midwest Ind. mount attaches directly to the barrel and looks like it get too hot...
View Quote

good question.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not to 'jack but how does the m8 attach? To the barrel or the stock?
Tia
View Quote

UltiMAK M8

The SHG from M14.ca also clamps to the barrel, but unlike the M8, it utilizes thin clamps.
The SHG is lighter than the M8 and it dissipates heat quickly.

Both dissipate heat better than the Springfield mount and others using the same basic SAI method.
These fit standard weight/contour/profile barrels only, no clamp-on mounts for non-standard barrels.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks again H2O_MAN. I'm not real crazy about the SAI scope mount.
I remember ready that if you're making aimed shots you really don't have any worries about frying your electronics, just stay away from any mag dumps!
There is a shot timing chart on m14forum.com, I believe.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:29:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thanks again H2O_MAN. I'm not real crazy about the SAI scope mount.
I remember ready that if you're making aimed shots you really don't have any worries about frying your electronics, just stay away from any mag dumps!
View Quote

You are welcome. Aimpoint red dots will handle the heat, EOTech and others not so much.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I believe the formula for NOT frying optics is three seconds per shot, per m14forum.com.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top