Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:20:55 AM EDT
OK, I'm seeing all these pics of you guys doing GREAT jobs on your digital camo stocks. Congrats to you guys!

Now, I'd like to do it to my Garand, but not to the original stock. Can anyone reccommend a good synthetick Garand stock that I can paint while leaving my original stock alone? I'm guessing I'll need to order some metal parts to put on the new stock to allow me to swtich back and forth?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:08:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:11:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:29:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2005 12:45:36 PM EDT by operatorerror]
DPMS (yes, that DPMS) makes a plastic replacement stock for the Garand. About $70.00 on their website. I have never seen one in person. I think it's brown plastic.

www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=M1G-01

Dupage Trading Company occassionally advertises fiberglass Garand stocks and handguards in their SGN ads. Claim that they are USAF surplus! I have neither seen nor heard of that animal before and it is not listed on their website.

www.dupagetrading.com
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:09:50 PM EDT
Bell & Carlson make syn stocks for Garand and M14. They both look USGI.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:19:11 PM EDT
Just picked up a NIB Ramline from a buddy at work for $40. I don't really like the checkering on it and I'll need to pick up another set of handguard clips to install it. It will do till I can get the wood refinished.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:43:43 AM EDT
I have the Ramline stock in Real-Tree on my '55 HRA while I redo the woody. I like the way it looks and might have to order a woodless Dane to drop into it. Let's see, spend another $285 for fill a $75 dollar stock...makes sense to a Garandaholic. The stock has a pretty good fit so far...range time coming soon. When I p/u the Dane,the plan is to convert it to 308 and glass bed this stock.

Metal Topic....I bought all the metal for a typical wood stock replacement. The Ramline lower handguard with out the metal, is the same length as the wood WITH the metal. My concern is that the new HG doesn't have the op metal slider/divider like the wood version has. So you might want to p/u a rear handguard clip and the stock ferrule/sling assembly. The stock has a more pronounced pistol grip / comb, comes with a recoil pad and shoulders real nice. For my build, it has a better fit then a standard stock. I'm 6' with long arms so I'm happy when I get something that fits like this.

That's the end of my testimonial.
Top Top