Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2015 5:09:41 PM EDT
So I am looking at a Swiss Vetterli M78 for sale that I would love some input on. The finish is in amazing shape, and the wood has no cracks or splits. It is missing the rear sight and the rear sling swivel. Also the owner says that the bolt is cocked and won't un-cock and the trigger won't work to fire it. I realize that it is a project and I am ok with that, it is actually what I am looking for. Other than Numrich is there anywhere else I could find replacement parts? The owner is asking $250 shipped. Is that too high?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:29:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Without seeing pics and just going by your description that may be a bit high for a Vetterli in that condition and with the problems you describe.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:30:15 PM EDT
[#2]
$250 is too much for as described. $100-125 as is as a parts gun.

Bore is important, just because they are pretty on the outside......  A lot of people shot them BITD with surplus BP ammo and never cleaned them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I am waiting on bore pics. Here is a pic of the rifle:

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:11:04 AM EDT
[#4]
It's also missing the bolt spring cap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top