Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2007 5:38:47 PM EDT
I have a Swede M38 that is not original. It has a mix of parts and the stock is a new replacement. It was rust blued prior to me getting it. It looks good but has little actual collector value.
The value of the Swedes went up as soon as the supply dried up but the prices leveled off and have stayed steady since then.

I have found a Weatherby Vanguard Deluxe in 30-06 in a pawn shop. It is in very very good shape- rough guess 95%+. Their tag price is $359.00, so I should be able to get them down to $300.00 out the door.
I am thinking about selling the Swede to buy the Weatherby. I will never be able to drill and tap the Swede for a scope, even if it isn't original. The Swede sights are made for much younger eyes- that shallow notch in the rear sight is tough, so I seldom shoot it.

What does the hive mind think of my doing this?

Jim
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:08:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I will- they sold the Weatherby before I could get there.
I have heard about Mojo sights, both pro and con. The rear sights on the Swedes, and other milsurp rifles, make an aperture sights different from, say, the aperture on my Garand since the Swede rear sight is much further forward.

Oh well, I'll shoot the Swede. I really don't feel too bad, ya know?

Jim
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Before I go the Mojo route I may try to find a set of the old Swede aperture target sights. They are getting rare but worth it.

Jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top