Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 11/2/2001 12:44:55 PM EDT
Ok...here's the deal, i have a 20 inch bushmaster target rifle, with an A2 upper...i would like a flattop now, to mount some optics; can i just swap out the stripped upper reciever? can i do it myself? do i need special tools? just some basic questions...i don't really want to buy a complete/barrelled upper reciever, i'd rather just spend the $100 or so on a stripped upper. thanks for the info
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 1:59:07 PM EDT
You need a good vise,barrel blocks and the good barrel wrench.
You could also have your upper milled to a flattop.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 10:49:38 PM EDT
how much and where do i go to get my upper milled to a flattop? thanks for the info
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 10:52:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/3/2001 10:46:29 PM EDT by paterpk]
Bushy and DPMS both have good prices on flat to uppers. I fyou want a std upper that has been milled or your own milled go to Frank white or derrick Martin.
When you do it keep your bolt and barrel as a match set dont intermix them...pat
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 10:53:48 PM EDT
check with Kurt in the industry forums section I think he can mill your upper.
Top Top