Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2002 6:39:55 AM EDT
Please respond if you have purchased a flat top upper receiver from Model 1 Sales within the last year wheather it came with a kit or by itself and let me know if you had any problems with it's rail in accepting quality mounts such as Swann Sleeves, GG&G Rail Grabbers, KAC..etc. I would like to hear about how they delt with the problem if you had one.

They evidently have shipped a large number of out of spec receivers and are having to remil them after arguing that they were in spec but would not work with anything. This is not a witch hunt. I am attempting to find out if any more of us are having the same problem with them. They claim that this is an isolated event and are trying to avoid fixing mine. It sounds as if they are loosing to much money.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:15:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I nver got the chance to mount anything on my 24" bull barrelled upper from Model 1. It had big feeding problems ( the rounds would get stuck on the feed ramps and not feed) After sending it back for repairs, it still didn't work so I returned it, and bought a Gunsmoke Inc. bull barrelled upper and haven't had any problems with feeding, extractions, or mounting of optics.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I purchased a Model 1 flat top from Galati International and had problems sliding my Swan sleeve on the rail. Ended up filing down the top angle of the rail the entire length. Took my time and it turned out good, plus the Swan sleeve covers this up. Other than that I really like my upper, very nice satin finish, matches my RRA lower perfect.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Had to do the same shave job to mine but the rail was still too tall to zero. Model 1 just sent me and several others having the same problem brand new uppers that are within specs and actually work. These have the numbered rails like the KAC RAS. I am satisfied with its' looks but the range will reveal its worth. You might want to contact them and see if they will replace it and give you what you originally paid for.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#4]
In December of 2001 I received an M4gery kit from M&A that had a flat top receiver that was "out of spec".  Is M&A and Model 1 Sales still connected by marriage and or divorce?  Does this answer help you at all?

Needless to say I mounted a Tasco el cheapo Red Dot on top of two Bushmaster Modular Accessory Systems 1/2" risers that had to be "helped" into place with a sturdy nylon punch and a ball peen hammer.  I also had to force fit the SWAN pop-up sight in the same way.  

Are these Armscor uppers or what?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:50:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Bought a 16" upper from them about 2 years ago and stuck a Swan Sleeve on it. Fits OK, but it will not come anywhere near a zero. The lowest it shoots is about 18" high at 50yds. I believe the front sight is too short. Sent it back to them and it came back exactly the same.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I did have to raise my front sight post quite a bit to zero, more than usual, but I can live with it. I'm not going to waste time sending the upper back, I'm happy with it considering the rifle started life out as a Oly Plinker. The only Oly parts left are the fire control group, bolt and carrier and the barrel. Lower is a RRA from Pete-in-NH, very nice finish, satin black and SMOOTH!!!!!!! For a FrankenAR not a bad shooter, never skips a beat! And eats Wolf ammo too!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#7]
QUIB,

Wurst ohne "ch", doch nicht WursCHt.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:05:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
QUIB,

Ya know, I asked my wife about that, she's from Germany. And she said that was how they spelled it in the song since it was written in a Bavarian dialect.

I'll let her explain:

Ich bin von Nordbayern dort sagt man WURSCHT !
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
QUIB,

Ya know, I asked my wife about that, she's from Germany. And she said that was how they spelled it in the song since it was written in a Bavarian dialect.

I'll let her explain:

Ich bin von Nordbayern dort sagt man WURSCHT !

In Bayern we say it with balls!

"WURSCHT!"

Die verueckten Bayern!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top