Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/27/2005 1:52:56 PM EDT
I just got my moss 590 in today, and i was planning on getting the surefire 623FA forend for it, for home defense situations where a light is mandatory IMO, but the thing is the surefire website says that shotguns with a bayo lug must have the bayo lug removed. Well the bayo lug is welded onto the barrel, how am i supposed to get it off? Buy a new barrel, take it somewhere and have the lug grinded off? What are my options guys. thanks for the imput.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 2:51:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:09:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ikor:
Considering that the odds are pretty good that the fore end light will be more useful than a bayonet, I would think that a Dremel and about 5 minutes should take care of the problem. Any halfway decent gun plumber can do this for you, and should not charge you much for the service. Dab a bit of flat black paint on the stub and you should be good to go.

That's exactly what I did. Dremmeld it and shaped it until it cleared. The Sure fire is infinitely more useful than the silly bayo lug.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:18:49 PM EDT
any certain type of paint i should use to cover the bare metal after i dremel the lug off? I would think it might need to withstand heat and stuff and never chip/crack.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:00:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Retzam:
any certain type of paint i should use to cover the bare metal after i dremel the lug off? I would think it might need to withstand heat and stuff and never chip/crack.

I just used a Sharpie believe it or not. It's held up quite well too! You should probably use a Birchwood Casey touch up pen though.
Top Top