Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2008 6:33:35 PM EDT
Any one ever done this?  I'm building a project with a SAGE stock and want to see what my options are.  Thanks!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#2]
that and .308 cans are pretty damn big in comparison to .223 cans. the SOCOM is designed to be a light M14 "carbine." putting a can on it might make it a little unwieldy.
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
it can be done, but its more work/money than its worth.  The M14 is not a good gas system to put a can on to begin with, and the SOCOM is even worse.

I've just begun researching some into this.  Is there something regarding an adjustable gas system that can be installed to aid in the performance?

I've seen it mentioned briefly before but not in much detail.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input!!! Bigbore, how bout putting a can on a full sized M14?  Would cycling be an issue? Or what other problems may I run into?  THanks!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top