Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2009 10:57:47 AM EDT
I am getting ready to take the plunge into the world of suppressors and have a question that is probably over-asked here but anyway...

I am looking at getting an AAC M4-2000 and mounting it on my LMT 14.5" upper that should be here around the June time-frame (I am planning on getting all the paperwork together now so that when the upper shows, it doesn't have to wait long for the can). Now, I live in a no-SBR state so I am going to have the flashhider or can-mount perm-attatched (for the legal-eagles the upper is being delivered to a dealer that I am aquainted with and sent to have the perm done by ADCO before I take possession of it). Will I have problems with the suppressor on the perm-mount?

Thanks,

-RainierHooker

ETA for grammar and clarity
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Just send it to adco and have the mount perma pinned on then your over the 16 inch legal length and good to go
I would purchase the can and send in forms now because the wait is around 3 months for the stamp
at this time.
Dont have the can permamounted on
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I won't perm the can but I am somewhat concerned about POI shifts or mount-concentricty after the mount has been pinned and welded

-RH
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#3]
adco will do it the correct way
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Is there any company's that void the warranty if you pin the mount besides sure fire?
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is there any company's that void the warranty if you pin the mount besides sure fire?

I think AWC has that policy, or at least did. If they do not install the Bi-lock mount themselves, then they cannot guarantee concentricity and will not honor the suppressor warranty in the event of a baffle strike. I sent my 14.5" barrel to them for perm installation of the Bi-lock for the reasons you mention.  Worked perfectly.

There are several things that can go wrong when drilling, pinning and welding the mount that could effect concentricity.  I would determine what suppressor you want, then send your upper off to that company for permanent installation of the mount.  This way you'll never be caught between who did the work and who made the parts if there is ever an issue.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think AWC has that policy, or at least did. If they do not install the Bi-lock mount themselves, then they cannot guarantee concentricity and will not honor the suppressor warranty in the event of a baffle strike. I sent my 14.5" barrel to them for perm installation of the Bi-lock for the reasons you mention.  Worked perfectly.

There are several things that can go wrong when drilling, pinning and welding the mount that could effect concentricity.  I would determine what suppressor you want, then send your upper off to that company for permanent installation of the mount.  This way you'll never be caught between who did the work and who made the parts if there is ever an issue.

I just got an email back from AAC.  They have a lifetime warranty even if you pin the mount.
They even recomended Tornado Technologies if you want one of their mounts pinned to you barrel.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I called SureFire. The can is still under warranty if installed on a pinned and welded mount. They will not honor the warranty for baffle strikes due to an incorrectly installed mount. The warranty is void for the mount only if it is pinned and welded. This seems pretty much a no-brainer. Pinning and welding basically destroys the mount for future use, of course the warrant is void for the mount. It is still functional and the can is still under warranty. I really don't see how this is a problem.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I called SureFire. The can is still under warranty if installed on a pinned and welded mount. They will not honor the warranty for baffle strikes due to an incorrectly installed mount. The warranty is void for the mount only if it is pinned and welded. This seems pretty much a no-brainer. Pinning and welding basically destroys the mount for future use, of course the warrant is void for the mount. It is still functional and the can is still under warranty. I really don't see how this is a problem.

From ADCO's Website:
Permanently attaching Surefire Suppressor mounts VOIDS the warranty of any suppressor attached to the pinned mount.

I would understand that the mount would be voided if its permed, but now I understand that the strikes are out of warranty if the mount is pinned on crooked.

ETA-spelling
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top